Security & Theft STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #1  

bluechip

Veteran Member
Arrived this morning to find a new 20'flatbed trailer missing, a hole in the fence, and our DK35SE HST demo unit we just put into service last December missing. it had about 50hours SN GT6200329 with KL351 loader SN SR71026665. Had a red Atlas 5' "heavy duty" boxblade on the back. the trailer was an 18'+2ft dovedtail car hauler. We figure it happened last night due to the muddy footprints. On top of that, we just changed insurance companies 2 weeks ago....

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #2  
I hate thieves.
These was some professional ones though sounds like,not a couple of half drunk good ole boys stealing gas or whatever they could carry.

Don't know what that means as far as finding out who/where,but bet the stuff is either long gone or hid very very well.

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #3  
I am sorry to hear, I hate this stuff.

As GPS gets cheaper and cheaper pretty soon everything will have a locator on it, then, make a phone call, get coordinates, type them into youir GPS, go for a ride (with 5 of your closest, best secret keeping friends), presto chango you come home with your equipment and a few bruised knuckles (you tripped and fell and landed on the back of your hands, that's how your knuckles got all marked up, just funny how the pavement left marks that look just like teeth).

Joel

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #4  
well, that just flat out sucks.
good luck with insurance, since it's pretty safe to suggest you'll not be seeing that TLB again -- although it would be amusing if it were to come in for service in 6 months or so...

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #5  
I am sorry to hear, I hate this stuff.

As GPS gets cheaper and cheaper pretty soon everything will have a locator on it, then, make a phone call, get coordinates, type them into youir GPS, go for a ride (with 5 of your closest, best secret keeping friends), presto chango you come home with your equipment and a few bruised knuckles (you tripped and fell and landed on the back of your hands, that's how your knuckles got all marked up, just funny how the pavement left marks that look just like teeth).

Joel

GPS is no panacea. The thieves will just learn to cover it up so that it can't see the satellites. One of those metal foil emergency blankets is all they need. There are, however, solutions that will notify someone the moment the equipment is moved or has left the yard. While they don't necessarily track, they are hard to circumvent because a beacon signal is expected every few seconds or minutes. The lack of the beacon and motion at unallowed times are the alarm conditions. Rapid response, then, would be the key to recovery. This kind of system is way cheaper than GPS/cellular/satcom solutions, too.

I hate thieves. Sorry, Bluechip.

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #6  
gitty, can you point me to where on the web I could find the device you are talking about?
Thanks,
Joel

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #7  
gitty, can you point me to where on the web I could find the device you are talking about?
Thanks,
Joel

The system is based on RFID technology. There are number of vendors that make such things. The best technology is called RTLS (Real Time Location Systems) made by Zebra Technologies Zebra Technologies, Zebra Printers. When you look at their website, it won't be obvious as to what it is and how it works because it has many many broad applications across multiple market sectors. Among the many things built into Zebra's software are geofences and other alarm definitions. I have intimate knowledge because my company is an OEM for Zebra's technology. We add long range (~4.5 miles), motion, GPS and other sensors, and Satcom as options and provide software to gain access to the data through a web browser.

Interestingly enough, no one is actually marketing to this particular application. Opportunity in the waiting for someone.

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #8  
I believe that is a wonderful investment along with the proper tool of correction, this shouldn't happen again. Atleast not by the same perpitrator. HooAh!

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #9  
Yep, you have to think like a thief to protect your stuff.

I had a bran new 18' dump trailer stolen from a locked gated yard, it was full so weighed a lot, and you can tell they took it with a smaller truck because their tires where spinning all the way out of the lot.

Now on the replacement trailer the wheels come off, sure it's a pain for me, but I still have it.

This is what I'm thinking of next.

LoJack Car Security System for Stolen Vehicle Recovery

/ STOLEN KIOTI DK35SE HST/KL351 #10  
Very sorry to hear about the theft! Gosh darn theives! RRRRRRRRRR. I hate them so much.

I bet they had an "order" from somebody to do a specific job like that. The tractor likely be far away by now or way way back in a hunt camp or something. Too bad.