STIHL Zero-Turn

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #21  
different color ferris
There has been so many mower companies being sold and bought it is getting hard to keep on track of who owns what. Husqvarna was the big buying company a few years ago but Black and Decker and Toro are hitting the ground running the last year or so.

MTD with the purchase of Excel AKA Hustler and Big Dog. And Toro with the purchase of Spartan mowers. And Oregon was sold to Platinum equity. Briggs with the KPS bankruptcy sale.
Stihl is a German manufacturer of chainsaws and other handheld power equipment including trimmers and blowers. Their headquarters are in Waiblingen, Baden-Württemberg, near Stuttgart, Germany. but some are assembled in Virginia in the USA

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #22  
I wonder if these will be a flash in pan. Just that who considers a manufacturer of mostly hand held products to be a source for a rider?
Ever hear of Honda? There you have it.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #23  
Good ZT's don't come cheap. You can get a decent one like a Bad Boy for 5 or 6k.
When we moved to Texas 2 years ago I had to get a ZT down here with 3 acres of cutting. Up north most all landscapers used eXmarks. They run them day in and day out so they must like something about them. So I ended up with a brand new eXmark $14k
After one season I could not take the hard ride and constant jarring over bumpy ground.
Sold the eXmark at a $1k loss and bought the Ferris with that amazing four link shock absorbed front suspension. What a difference and the price was $9600.
That Stihl looks almost identical except for some cute trim pieces.
Ferris.jpg

Last edited:
   / STIHL Zero-Turn #24  
I have two Simplicities here. They make a good machine for my personal use. I paid $6g's for the Citation XL 27hp 61" deck with full suspension. Guess I'll get my 5 years worth out of it soon as it's almost 5 years old now.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #25  
Paying someone else to cut it may a better deal that I never looked into. My friend has someone to cut his house yard, about 2.5 acres. 75 dollars for cut, trim and blow, our lawn season averages 26 cuts 75 x 26=1950 over 5 years =9750.
You're assuming that over the next 5 years the landscsping company will not raise their rate. Are you serious?

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #26  
Yup, that's a re-branded Ferris. Ferris is owned by Briggs and Stratton as far as I know, I wonder why Stihl would partner with them?
The Stihl name along with made in USA of their other products will command additional price. Take a chevy and put a Honda emblem on it and you can sell it for 10 to 20 percent higher (at least until ........)

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #27  
Paying someone else to cut it may a better deal that I never looked into. My friend has someone to cut his house yard, about 2.5 acres. 75 dollars for cut, trim and blow, our lawn season averages 26 cuts 75 x 26=1950 over 5 years =9750.
But you don't have that nice looking zero turn setting in that nice out building that you can show off to your friends and neigbors - ha ha ha. Just remember bragging rights aren't cheap.
"Let me show you my tractor"

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #28  
Good ZT's don't come cheap. You can get a decent one like a Bad Boy for 5 or 6k.
When we moved to Texas 2 years ago I had to get a ZT down here with 3 acres of cutting. Up north most all landscapers used eXmarks. They run them day in and day out so they must like something about them. So I ended up with a brand new eXmark $14k
After one season I could not take the hard ride and constant jarring over bumpy ground.
Sold the eXmark at a $1k loss and bought the Ferris with that amazing four link shock absorbed front suspension. What a difference and the price was $9600.
That Stihl looks almost identical except for some cute trim pieces.View attachment 804207
I bought one just like it a couple years ago from a teacher who cuts grass in the summer. He gave me a good deal on a nearly new mower (25 hours) and bought a Ferris standing mower since it fit the types of yards he cut. I've been very happy with it so far and bought it specifically for the suspension. Now if I can only get my wife out of the seat...

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #29  
You're assuming that over the next 5 years the landscsping company will not raise their rate. Are you serious?
Your assumption assumes that any care was given to runaway inflation. Ypur assumption assumes a landscaping company will continue to offer such services. Based on others assumptions we will all be dead from climate change in 5 years so what damn difference does it make?

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #30  
But you don't have that nice looking zero turn setting in that nice out building that you can show off to your friends and neigbors - ha ha ha. Just remember bragging rights aren't cheap.
"Let me show you my tractor"
😂 😂 That could be interpreted as a very sleazy pickup line. 😂😂