STIHL Zero-Turn

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #11  
For decades OPE manufacturers that built a name in walk behinds, riders and such had much of their handhelds made by just about everyone under the sun. Ryobi, Maruyama, Echo, Mitsubishi etc. It made sense for everyone. Glue the Toro or Deere label on and there ya go. Then of course came the Deere / Stihl partnership to promote their brand, much to the chagrin of many a Stihl dealer. But then too, they've put product in every other feed store and hardware in existence. I wish them success to keep their dealers lucrative, don't see it happening though.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #12  
Don't believe Briggs is made in Milwaukee anymore. I believe they all come over in a container now.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #13  
Don't believe Briggs is made in Milwaukee anymore. I believe they all come over in a container now.
Correct Briggs has pulled all manufacturing from Milwaukee and have shutdown all operations. Laid off their last 160 employees a few months ago.

Ferris is owned by Simplicity which is owned by Briggs. So contracting with briggs just means that the product could be a Snapper/Simplicity/Ferris/Billy Goat/Murray/

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #14  
No way unionized American workers can compete with cheap Chinese products. I'm sure the laid off Briggs employees aren't happy.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #16  
The day I spend 11 grand for a lawnmower is the day my wife hits me upside the head with a frying pan.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #17  
Paying someone else to cut it may a better deal that I never looked into. My friend has someone to cut his house yard, about 2.5 acres. 75 dollars for cut, trim and blow, our lawn season averages 26 cuts 75 x 26=1950 over 5 years =9750.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #18  
Paying someone else to cut it may a better deal that I never looked into. My friend has someone to cut his house yard, about 2.5 acres. 75 dollars for cut, trim and blow, our lawn season averages 26 cuts 75 x 26=1950 over 5 years =9750.
That's a heck of a deal. But then again, all I hear are the horror stories.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #19  
Has anyone seen or bought new of these? I did not know STIHL was now making zero-turns. I wonder how good the suspension is? Only 11,849. LOL
I have seen them on several lots but have not looked them over closely.

I need a new mower and had been looking at a Z of some brand. Now a stand on seems like the way to go.