Sticky control valve on loader

/ Sticky control valve on loader #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Howdy,

I'm looking for suggestions to free up my control valve on my LA681 FEL. It's not that bad right now, but I don't want it to get any worse if I can help it. Sometimes when I'm using the loader the control valve won't go back to center all the way and you can hear the valve leaking. The loader only gets used once a month or so. Can any of you enlighten me as to the cause of and solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Kevin

/ Sticky control valve on loader
I lubed the linkage on the loader yesterday and it seemed to help but I still think the valve should go back to the neutral position better.

Are there springs in the loader valve that make the valve go back to center?

I'm concerned because it could be dangerous if the loader keeps moving after letting go of the control lever.

Thanks for any response,
Kevin

/ Sticky control valve on loader #3  
Hello Kevin,
There is a spring in each of the valves, you can rebuild them, rather easy but requires a little patience and attention to detail. Moisture will get into the end that is not in hydraulic oil… that moisture will rust the spring and prevent it from pushing the valve back to neutral. Be careful to watch where the springs and check/detent balls go. KennyV.
PS. I have the same mott flail on my Cub F as you have on yours /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Hey Kenny, thanks for the reply. I am surprised I only got one. As you may have noticed I also posted the same question in parts/repairs and got no response. I wonder if people are worried about liability or something.

I took the caps off today and cleaned the crap out of the springs and it works a lot better. Thanks!

Have you used that Mott Hammerknife much?

Kevin

/ Sticky control valve on loader #5  
Using the Search function at the top of the page I searched the Kubota Owning/Operating Forum for "loader valve sticking" and came up with this thread that contains some information about sticking loader valves.

There is a "fix" for some model loader valves that entails drilling a small hole to let water drain out of the detent spring housing. May not apply to your model, but again, the search function will yield several threads you can read.

Since sticking loader valves have been discussed at length in the last year I suspect that is why you got no replies to your question.

Bill Tolle

Bill, I searched the forum before posting and didn't find what I was looking for. Guess I used the wrong terms.

Kevin

/ Sticky control valve on loader #7  
Kevin, I know others have had problems with this, it may be that they didn’t spot your question… there are times I do not look close at what is being discussed on TBN… need more time I guess.
Just clean it out as you feel it hanging up, I was tempted to drill the ‘drain holes’ Bill mentioned but didn’t. I clean mine every couple years and lube it.

Yes I have MANY miles on my Mott. I used it a lot from mid 70’s through late 90’s, It’s mostly retired now as I have a large ZTR with a flail attachment along with a finish mower attachment plus L4200 and rear mount mowers… That Cub and Mott is an excellent mowing combination. The larger equipment is just faster and my Kubota has A/C, so I try to use it with a 7 foot Land Pride as much as I can.KennyV.