Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #1  

0Gt3X4N

Tractor
Bad Boy 4025H
I'm just over 2 years in to owning a 4025H with BBH 400 backhoe and this things has been falling apart since month 2.

It started with little things like the fuel and temperature gauges no longer working. So, we never know how much fuel is in it or if it's overheating. All contact with the manufacturer falls on deaf ears and the service from the dealer is not great because they're always months behind.

The worst part is the poor build quality of these machines. The backhoe has snapped in half twice near the bucket and because it's been just over 2 years it's no longer covered under warranty. The backhoe has less than 10 hours of light duty work on it, mostly moving around black dirt on the ranch.

Because it snapped in half it's easy to see how thin the steel is and if you try to weld it, you realize that it's cheap Chinese stuff.

I regret purchasing this tractor and wish I would have gone with Deere or Kubota.

Look how thin the steel is!

Yeah, this ain't right.

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #2  
That broken backhoe is discouraging, is that a stand alone with pump running off the PTO or plugs nto tractors hydraulic circuit? Next id try and figure out if there's a pressure relief, bypass valve that opens when circuits overloaded to help prevent it from happening again if you do get it fixed. I guess if there is I'd see if it's adjustable. My backwoods opinion. But I've owned a 3 point standalone BH that to my surprise and noob learning curve never broke.

Last edited:
   / Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #4  
Sorry to hear about your predicament. It's a painful lesson that hopefully others will learn from.

Sounds like Bad Boy cut corners to lower costs.

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #5  
There's ways to check for metal fatigue, etc by examining break more closely by someone who has experience doing it. Preliminary, before getting someone else involved I'm sure these days you can find pictures online with different types and causes of fractures.

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #6  
Bad Boy are re-badged Branson (TYM). They are know for being very heavy duty. This sounds a lot like abuse.

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #7  
The backhoe has less than 10 hours of light duty work on it, mostly moving around black dirt on the ranch.
That bent pin says different.. Something doesnt look right.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #8  
Bad Boy are re-badged Branson (TYM). They are know for being very heavy duty. This sounds a lot like abuse.
I don’t think Branson makes the loaders or backhoes though.

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #9  
I don’t think Branson makes the loaders or backhoes though.

I just looked on Tractor House; the loaders are definitely different suppliers. I didn't look for backhoes however, but I would assume the situation the same.

img.axd

img.axd

/ Stay away from Bad Boy Tractors #10  
Looking at the left side of the stick looks like the steels folded over where it broke do you think you might have accidentally swung into something hard and immovable that initially dented stick that started fracture? right side looks like a clean break. What were you doing when it let go? Pulling stumps? Which from experience when I owned my 3point BH was very hard on it. The Oil got so hot it was expanding out the fill tube lol. Thinking back I still scratch my head and wonder how I didn't seriously break something. A 3 point BH is priced and built accordingly imo so folks can afford them and are definitely not as rugged as a cat 336 so should be used accordingly.

Last edited: