Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,741  
Exactly. They have already built it into their prices. You are paying the CC fee when you buy anything. IF you ask for a cash discount then they can knock off the CC fee or something and sell it to you for less for cash. In some places, Texas is one, it's illegal to charge extra for CC's but merchants can 'discount for cash'. Sometimes they advertise it and most of the times they do not except for fuel where a lot of stations show the credit price and the cash price on the sign. (But if they said +.10 for credit, it would be illegal)

Then you have Walmart where they give you a .10 discount if you are a + member and you can use any CC. Costco has a 'lower than most' gas price and you get CC 'points' on their CC when you pay with that.

I've gotten some good deals in stores by asking for the 'cash discount'. If they don't want to discount I'll just pay with a CC and get the cash rebate from the CC.

But even then I know the overall prices still include a cushion because of CC fees.
I have never heard of anyone asking a merchant for a cash discount before until now.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,742  
Small businesses are very hard. The owner needs expertise on every facet of the business —- manufacturing/service, finance, HR, logistics, planning and on and on.

It means a ton of hours worked by the owner. Employees work their hours and go home. Owners can’t go home until all the work is done.

Failure in any aspect can hurt you badly.

If customers pay upfront and you get a backlog, you better be super smart with the money. All too often the big bank account balance makes it look like you are doing great - but you forget the huge liability you have in completing those prepaid orders.

I hugely admire successful small business owners. They earn every penny.
Yup, 100% correct. I tell everyone I'm the CEO here...the "E" is for Everything.

When I just searched EA, clicked "reviews", "newest first" I saw this. Isn't this the Travis who worked there?
Different last name.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,743  
Yup, 100% correct. I tell everyone I'm the CEO here...the "E" is for Everything.

Different last name.
Also his review says a month ago and EA's response says 3 years ago.??

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,744  
I would like to tell you all what the price of gas is here today - 4/12/24. But - I haven't checked today. YESTERDAY - $5.19 per gallon. At the local Chevron station.

Tomorrow's price - who knows...............

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,745  
Take a point or two from every transaction and you'll make some serious cash. Does not impact people (like taxes) the businesses will pay it. The interest is a high risk bonus.
The users will pay it , they are added in one way or another. A business does not absorb costs and stay open long.

“Americans collectively owe over $1 trillion in credit card debt. But one generation carries the most, on average: Gen X.

The average credit card balance for Gen Xers, defined at those between the ages of 43 and 58, rose to $9,123 in the third quarter of 2023, according to Experian’s latest available data. That marks the highest average credit card balance of any generational cohort.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/27/how-much-credit-card-debt-americans-have-by-age-.html#:~:text=Americans%20collectively%20owe%20over%20%241,to%20Experian's%20latest%20available%20data.

“The rise in credit card usage and debt is particularly concerning because interest rates are astronomically high right now. The average credit card annual percentage rate, or APR, has been holding steady at a record-high of 20.75% last week, according to a Bankrate database that goes back to 1985.”

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,746  
The seller has to pay the surcharge if they want to make the sell. I refuse to buy from a seller who tacks on the surcharge to the buyer.
:ROFLMAO:

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,747  
I would like to tell you all what the price of gas is here today - 4/12/24. But - I haven't checked today. YESTERDAY - $5.19 per gallon. At the local Chevron station.

Tomorrow's price - who knows...............
😱 Well, you are financing a war and there’s a shipping problem and a refining issue and the local whatever and don’t forget the taxes and you know over in ________ they’re paying $$$ so you should be happy 😣

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,748  
I have never heard of anyone asking a merchant for a cash discount before until now.
I always ask, the worst they can say is no.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,749  
The buyer is paying for it always it doesn't matter if it's figured into the price or added on as a separate fee.
If the seller is willing to offer multiple methods of payment with some having a surcharge and others not then it becomes the buyers decision on which payment method he prefers to use and how much he will pay without making all customers pay a higher fee.
Just like "free" shipping, there is no such critter someone is paying for it.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,750  
How long until we live in a cashless world? From the recent actions taken by the central banking system its sooner than most think.
:mad: :mad: I'll be putting it off as long as possible