Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,731  
Exactly. They have already built it into their prices. You are paying the CC fee when you buy anything. IF you ask for a cash discount then they can knock off the CC fee or something and sell it to you for less for cash. In some places, Texas is one, it's illegal to charge extra for CC's but merchants can 'discount for cash'. Sometimes they advertise it and most of the times they do not except for fuel where a lot of stations show the credit price and the cash price on the sign. (But if they said +.10 for credit, it would be illegal)

Then you have Walmart where they give you a .10 discount if you are a + member and you can use any CC. Costco has a 'lower than most' gas price and you get CC 'points' on their CC when you pay with that.

I've gotten some good deals in stores by asking for the 'cash discount'. If they don't want to discount I'll just pay with a CC and get the cash rebate from the CC.

But even then I know the overall prices still include a cushion because of CC fees.
The busiest and cheapest fuel near me has cars lined up all day…

The owner charges the same for cash or credit and moves a lot of fuel for a small corner station.

He said it doubled his volume because all the others are more expensive and credit is 10 cents a gallon more.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,732  
The busiest and cheapest fuel near me has cars lined up all day…

The owner charges the ssme for cash or credit and moves a lot of fuel for a small corner station.

He said it doubled his volume because all the others are more expensive and credit is 10 cents a gallon more.
I don't buy gas where the credit price is higher.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,733  
I don't buy gas where the credit price is higher.
I don’t know of any other in my metro if 9 million people.

The cash and credit signage is displayed at every station but this one has that sign but same pricing and the $5.05 for regular is as much a buck less than nearby stations

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,734  

The cash and credit signage is displayed at every station but this one has that sign but same pricing and the $5.05 for regular is as much a buck less than nearby stations
I do buy gas at Walmart and use my Walmart + account and get a .10 per gallon discount. It was $2.77 with discount yesterday.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,735  
So my bargain station in SF Bay Area not quite double what you pay

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,736  
Around here they actually have a legal minimum gas price. I think it is something like "at least $0.XX above what they paid wholesale". It is ostensibly to stop the big corporate stations from a price war that kills the mom&pops, but of course it just raises what everyone pays...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,737  

Yesterday I was in Phoenix, AZ and paid $4.39 for regular. Small town northern AZ was selling for $3.69. By the time I drove through Albuquerque on my way home, I filled for $3.04. The price range in the western U.S. is wide.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,738  
Hi All, I'm out of the loop mostly, and came to see the news on E A ??? - I don't really want to scroll back 175 pages, but the last several pages are about fuel prices and CC stuff.

What page can I go back to for the E A update ? I've thought about buying some of their attachments in the past year or two.

Thanks.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,740  
Thanks Steve, that was my fear / conclusion