Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,601  
I've never taken bankruptcy so I don't know much about it but I thought a home was excluded from seizure under bankruptcy. Maybe he was trying to do the right thing and sell it to pay creditors. IDK
In a Ch7 bankruptcy you are mainly looking to rid yourself of unsecured loans (medical bills, credit cards, etc..) in an effort to keep your secured loans (home, car, etc..) so as long as you still have enough to pay for those, you can usually keep them through the discharge. However, in some (most?) states, if you have enough money to pay the mortgage AND enough equity in the home, they can actually change your bankruptcy to a Ch13, force you to remortgage (or even sell a 2nd home), and then use that money, usually along with a repayment plan, to at least partially repay your debts. These repayment plans are usually for 5yr.

Obviously if you dont have enough to keep paying the mortgage, then the bank will either take back the home or force a sale.

Some states make couple file together, some allow one person to file by themselves. In those states, it can get real tricky.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,602  
I haven't read the whole thread, But what i have gathered is that EA was heavily in debt and has closed. That's unfortunate, I believe they made quality products that many here have benefited from. I also feel for the employees of EA who are now out of a job.
I would bet those people are highly skilled fabricators and all have new jobs by now.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,603  
And Peanut can still be a social influencer! :cool:

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,604  
Just heard from my credit card company and they have made my credits permanent ($2800 for aerator, $1800 for box blade). Kudos to the CC company because one of my disputes was made at about 190 days. I really wanted that 3-point dual-depth aerator because there is nothing else like it that I can find. Anyways, for a bit more, I purchased a Bobcat AE36 tow-behind (formerly a Ryan AE36). I wanted the 3-point but the tow behind will actually be better in the long run as I can pull it with my zero-turn.

Summary: Ted F'd me, but CC company took care of me. And I still want my damn free T-shirt Travis promised me.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,605  
Do you think the credit card companies hold $$ back from the merchant as any potential problems began to unfold? So now they have a little to offset claims?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,606  
Do you think the credit card companies hold $$ back from the merchant as any potential problems began to unfold? So now they have a little to offset claims?
credit card processor's have always had a hold back to deal with returns etc... it just extends if you start getting chargebacks, then you go into suspension.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,607  
I would bet those people are highly skilled fabricators and all have new jobs by now.
It's interesting why there aren't more EA ex-employees on this thread telling us their story.