Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,211  
You have to watch amazon prices. I purchased 2 cases of hormel
chill without beans at $20.74 then sent my sister-in-law a case same
price was telling her the price I paid but now the price is $34+
They want to jump the price over $14 they can keep it

willy

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,212  
what's going on at this company. Employees laid off and Travis no longer there !
they once made good American made attachments, but something isn't right here
Court for the temporary restraining order was scheduled for 2/26/2024. That has been delayed and the TRO has been extended to 3/11/2024 to give attorneys on both sides more time to work on discussions.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,213  
A hedge contract can be as simple as a futures option on commodity steel. It's a simple calculation to figure out how much of a future option to buy at a given price in order to provide protection against a substantial rising commodity price. If the commodity price goes up sharply, you execute the option, and the profit on that option is effectively the discount on your increased steel prices, keeping your overall cost relatively unchanged.

It incurs a marginal cost to overall material prices (useless if prices remain same or drop). But it protects against wild upward swings.
Pretty difficult to do a hedge contract with the small amount of steel EA was buying. Plus while steel prices fluctuate, the price of steel isn't that big of a factor in a 400 pound implement that sells for $3000. And the final business model of EA was a result of a combination of over borrowing, over personal spending, and a bursting Covid sales bubble, not an actual business plan. Four years ago, they stocked implements and shipped immediately.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,214  
Court for the temporary restraining order was scheduled for 2/26/2024. That has been delayed and the TRO has been extended to 3/11/2024 to give attorneys on both sides more time to work on discussions.
Meanwhile, the Conover Police are working on a criminal case against Ted. They are looking for as many unfulfilled prepaid orders they can find, especially those that have not been refunded. Willing to bet there may be some federal charges also since this involved interstate commerce.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,215  

willy
Oh man, beans are the best fart.... I mean best part. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,216  

willy
Amazon did that to an item I had on auto-ship. Started at $20. Within 3 months the price was $33. No notice, I just happened to see it while skipping an order. That auto-ship was canceled.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,217  
Amazon did that to an item I had on auto-ship. Started at $20. Within 3 months the price was $33. No notice, I just happened to see it while skipping an order. That auto-ship was canceled.
Was it Amazon or one of the Amazon marketplace independent sellers?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,219  
Cancelling an order like that will eventually get you the price if you keep watching.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,220  
Pretty difficult to do a hedge contract with the small amount of steel EA was buying. Plus while steel prices fluctuate, the price of steel isn't that big of a factor in a 400 pound implement that sells for $3000. And the final business model of EA was a result of a combination of over borrowing, over personal spending, and a bursting Covid sales bubble, not an actual business plan. Four years ago, they stocked implements and shipped immediately.
Skilled nursing did a 2 million addition and the contractor offered a guaranteed material price for an additional fee... covered concrete, framing, drywall roofing, plumbing and electrical... HVAC had a lead time so ordered the day contract inked.

Materials skyrocketed hundreds of thousands but the faculty was protected as was the contractor...