Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #802  
Maybe he should have gotten it back from the credit card co. But, since he didn't he can bash EA. I gues the name of this thread should be Bash EA.
Maybe he did and the refund was denied. I'm sure the CC companies have gotten wise to the EA debacle.
I still don't get why this is bashing EA when they chose to run their business in the ground paying forward. If that weren't bad enough they still made it possible to place an order on an item they know will never be manufactured. It sounds like you and a few others condone that type of practice and that speaks volumes about your characters if you do.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #803  
Thanks for the information. This isn't good when a big conglomerate owns lots of brands and pretends that there's competitive pricing when really there isn't. Given that all three "manufacturers" have the same implement, perhaps CEG is owned by AG too. I already have an old 8ft Schaffer hydraulic disc harrow that I bought from a farmer for $1,150 a few years ago, so I'm not in the market for one but I was curious.

This was part of the appeal for me with EA. They were privately owned with a long history, and they designed and made much of what they sold. If they go away I'll miss them and the implements they made.
There are still quite a few privately held companies making tractor stuff. The big loss here is;
the now unemployed workers
the unpaid suppliers and shippers
the default on the bank
The unpaid customers

Their poor business/personal practices will leave a very negative impact on everyone left to pick up the pieces. These losses are real and will have a terrible ripple effect.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #804  
I'm disputing it, they had no R+D whatsoever other than ripping up asphalt and they were building stuff that didn't work and had quality control issues.
yea, their patent trail is pretty iffy, almost non-existent.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #805  
EA’s screwup may be a perfect opportunity for someone else to have a more positive effect on the local economy.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #806  
If you all like USA sourced and manufactured, go look at Iron Craft. It used to be Titan, but with the other import company also being Titan, they gave up and renamed themselves. I hand some Titan USA implements and find them to be perfect for my needs and are now 6 years old and like new aside from some paint wear.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #807  
If you all like USA sourced and manufactured, go look at Iron Craft. It used to be Titan, but with the other import company also being Titan, they gave up and renamed themselves. I hand some Titan USA implements and find them to be perfect for my needs and are now 6 years old and like new aside from some paint wear.

Absolutely. I don't have an Iron Craft (or previously Titan) implement, but I certainly would not do business with the current Titan.
I have never heard any complaints about Iron Craft.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #808  
I've followed these EA threads since they started and want to offer my rational for having spent the small premium on a Wicked Grapple and paying in full for a delivery that was 5 months out. Being a mechanical engineer I tend to evaluate things in detail. I determined that my 35HP tractor with a somewhat limited loader lift capacity, needed a relatively light weight grapple. I am also on a heavily wooded property that I'm in process of open up in specific places. I know I'll be abusing my equipment doing so and Ive already broken and bent 3-point hitch pins and a heavy duty subsoiler pulling up roots. So far Ive not bent the loader cylinders but I'm sure I've pushed to the limits.

With those criteria in mind I decided the Wicked had the best weight to strength ratio based on Teds videos, knowing the mechanical properties of Hardox, and reading how competitors equivalent products performed in the field doing the type of work I anticipated doing. I was not happy about paying full price 5 months in advance but its all part of the tradeoff decisions I made in picking the Wicked55 and I've not regretted that decision.

There is no one choice that works for everyone. We each make a decisions based on what is important to us. I personally am very disappointed to see how EA is now treating their future customers who have paid up front and it will enter into my decision to purchase in the future after this all plays out and some final resolution is reached.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #809  
IronCraft is certainly USA manufactured, but NOT entirely USA sourced. Their own website says as much. Made in the USA with USA and imported parts. they have told me their steel is US-made steel so that makes a difference.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #810  
I challenge anyone to attempt to manufacture pretty much anything with 100% sourced US made products. At best it's very difficult at worse it's impossible. I would venture to say that some of EA's implements had foreign made components on them. Be it hydraulic hoses, fittings, pins, grease fittings, hardware etc.