Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #791  
RhinoAG and BushHog are both part of Alamo Group.
Dirt Dog is owned by Consolidated Equipment Group
Too lazy to see if there is any crossover
Thanks for the information. This isn't good when a big conglomerate owns lots of brands and pretends that there's competitive pricing when really there isn't. Given that all three "manufacturers" have the same implement, perhaps CEG is owned by AG too. I already have an old 8ft Schaffer hydraulic disc harrow that I bought from a farmer for $1,150 a few years ago, so I'm not in the market for one but I was curious.

This was part of the appeal for me with EA. They were privately owned with a long history, and they designed and made much of what they sold. If they go away I'll miss them and the implements they made.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #792  
I would be pissed
if I had a contractor build me a new house and then made changes without consulting me about them
That's nothing new though. In 1927 my grandfather had the house built which my mother is still living in. He special ordered long roof rafters and had to pay extra to get them hauled through town with horses... remember this was almost 100 years ago. He lived on site but worked at a shipyard 50 miles away; when he came home one night he found that the contractors had cut his rafters so that they wouldn't have to climb the steep pitch.

My mother constantly thanks them, as it would have just been more space for him to cram stuff into. :D

This has nothing to do with EA or the subject at hand yet since we're just spinning our wheels here anyways...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #793  
That's nothing new though. In 1927 my grandfather had the house built which my mother is still living in. He special ordered long roof rafters and had to pay extra to get them hauled through town with horses... remember this was almost 100 years ago. He lived on site but worked at a shipyard 50 miles away; when he came home one night he found that the contractors had cut his rafters so that they wouldn't have to climb the steep pitch.

My mother constantly thanks them, as it would have just been more space for him to cram stuff into. :D

This has nothing to do with EA or the subject at hand yet since we're just spinning our wheels here anyways...

Your father work at BIW?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #794  
Your father work at BIW?
Grandfather, back before the Depression.
When we remodeled the flower shop in the late 1970s there was a set of ship building blueprints in the wall. I've always wished I had saved them... I might have inherited his pack rat genes.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #795  
Mr. Skagit...please Sir, though water under the bridge, sincerely interested in the hardware problems you encountered...it is helpful to understand what to look for in the future.

It might generate some good to come out of this thread!

... //TJ

Xtreme Duty 6 Way blade: Website description, pictures and the product video all clearly stated and showed a castle nut to adjust the blade rotation. It is/was a selling point as to why you should buy theirs instead of someone else's. Well, despite clearly saying that they do, they don't build them like that. They bolt a plate to top of the rotation pin instead, cheaper and easier obviously but on mine they made the pin the wrong length. The entire weight of the blade was supported by the lock pin "ear" underneath the frame, well that bent and damaged the ear and if you tried to rotate the blade 180 to back blade it would fall down and you couldn't rotate it back. They "fixed it" by grinding the down the rotation pin to make it shorter but they didn't shorten it enough so it didn't actually fix the issue and they didn't fix the ear that was damaged. There were several other issues with that blade that they made no attempt to fix and told me to sell it if I wasn't happy.

Xtreme Land Leveler 2.0: "Wicked" scarifier shank angles are wrong and they don't dig into the ground. You could clearly see by looking at them from the side that the tip angle was wrong. They denied that it was an issue for months on their Facebook page and were finally forced to admit that it was and change it. The main frame tube is not high enough above the leading cutting edge and results in plugging the implement up almost immediately to the point of being almost useless, if you had a hydaulic top link you could mitigate the issue by angling back and reducing the agressiveness of the cut but then it would make washboard. I've used and owned multiple land planes, this one was garbage. Heavy and awesome looking yes but functionally terrible. Also, no adjustable skids, just slotted blade mounting holes which only allowed you to increase blade depth not decrease it. Well, if you've used a landplane before there are times when you need to reduce the blade depth and angling it back just does not work as well. There's a reason every other company has adjustable skids and/or blade depth. When you asked EA about it they said that it was too hard to make that and they didn't want to add any moving parts.

That is the quote for EA fanboys and for anyone who received their order in a timely manner, (30-60 days) no one is disputing their quality.

I'm disputing it, they had no R+D whatsoever other than ripping up asphalt and they were building stuff that didn't work and had quality control issues.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #796  
Xtreme Duty 6 Way blade: Website description, pictures and the product video all clearly stated and showed a castle nut to adjust the blade rotation. It is/was a selling point as to why you should buy theirs instead of someone else's. Well, despite clearly saying that they do, they don't build them like that. They bolt a plate to top of the rotation pin instead, cheaper and easier obviously but on mine they made the pin the wrong length. The entire weight of the blade was supported by the lock pin "ear" underneath the frame, well that bent and damaged the ear and if you tried to rotate the blade 180 to back blade it would fall down and you couldn't rotate it back. They "fixed it" by grinding the down the rotation pin to make it shorter but they didn't shorten it enough so it didn't actually fix the issue and they didn't fix the ear that was damaged. There were several other issues with that blade that they made no attempt to fix and told me to sell it if I wasn't happy.

Xtreme Land Leveler 2.0: "Wicked" scarifier shank angles are wrong and they don't dig into the ground. You could clearly see by looking at them from the side that the tip angle was wrong. They denied that it was an issue for months on their Facebook page and were finally forced to admit that it was and change it. The main frame tube is not high enough above the leading cutting edge and results in plugging the implement up almost immediately to the point of being almost useless, if you had a hydaulic top link you could mitigate the issue by angling back and reducing the agressiveness of the cut but then it would make washboard. I've used and owned multiple land planes, this one was garbage. Heavy and awesome looking yes but functionally terrible. Also, no adjustable skids, just slotted blade mounting holes which only allowed you to increase blade depth not decrease it. Well, if you've used a landplane before there are times when you need to reduce the blade depth and angling it back just does not work as well. There's a reason every other company has adjustable skids and/or blade depth. When you asked EA about it they said that it was too hard to make that and they didn't want to add any moving parts.

I'm disputing it, they had no R+D whatsoever other than ripping up asphalt and they were building stuff that didn't work and had quality control issues.
I recently watched a video of Ted in the new building extolling the virtues of his land leveler. bragging about the extra heavy duty everything on it. I noted the nonadjustable blades. While I like the way the scarifiers were mounted and the handy handle I also wondered about the cutting tooth design and angle. I also wondered why they made it so heavy. land levelers/landplanes typically shave a little at a time and really don't transport much weight. They really don't need to be made out of super heavy steel.
Left the Lyman area about 3 years ago. Lived on Hwy 20, but it got too noisy.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #797  
I got a follow up email from EA two days ago. It had a link for feedback on purchase. I almost always ignore those feedback surveys etc.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #798  
It's been a real interesting thread because for the most part they made really good attachments, but there's much more to running a successful business. I mentioned the company Chewy we order pet supplies from and I mentioned an elderly cat we had passed. They sent treats for our other cats and flowers...wife & I couldn't believe it.
Yesterday I ordered stuff and a simple thank you for the flowers. I got this email today:

"Hi (name);
Thanks for reaching out to us. We're so happy to know that you received the flowers we sent in honor of Gracie. Here at Chewy, you are more than just a customer. You are family. We're here for you now and we'll be here in the months and years ahead. If there is anything else we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Warm regards,
(Name)
Customer Service
Chewy
02/16/2024 01:09 AM"

That's a successful business...the customer is number one.
Any business since 1946 it's not that difficult to explain basically what happened, thanking
customers for their patronage, making sure credits are issued & not taking any new orders.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #800  
Grandfather, back before the Depression.
When we remodeled the flower shop in the late 1970s there was a set of ship building blueprints in the wall. I've always wished I had saved them... I might have inherited his pack rat genes.

Depending on the time of his employment there is a chance he could have worked on the only battleship to be built in Maine, U.S.S. Georgia.

1708132541354.jpeg