Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #781  
what's going on at this company. Employees laid off and Travis no longer there !
they once made good American made attachments, but something isn't right here
My credit card dispute is still in process for $4600 I'm currently out.....I'm assuming they will get no response and then it will be approved. But sill showing a credit which is good news.

And I just ordered a Ryan AE36 aerator, before the price jumps up now that Bobcat purchased Ryan. EA had good products, but plenty of other great products out there and time to move on. Will find another 54" box blade somewhere as well as that was my other non-delivered order.

Do you think Ted will still send me my free T-shirt?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #782  
In case anyone on here isn't in the Facebook groups, there's this from yesterday. Nobody could be reached by the reporter, of course.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #784  
Simple economics. Fewer sellers = lower supply = higher prices.
That would make a huge difference if there were only 10 manufacturers/sellers of tractor implements.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #785  
That would make a huge difference if there were only 10 manufacturers/sellers of tractor implements.
It makes a huge difference when one of the biggest, with a reputation for high quality goes down.

In economics, the term is inferior goods. Is does not necessarily mean inferior in the way most people imagine. It means inferior in the market. High end brands sell for more. You can buy cheaper grapples, but there are only a few that are in this market. The two types don't really compete. Someone who would by a Titan would not likely spend the money on an EA or Landpride. In the case of EA, their reputation of quality is still quite high. So yes, there are fewer than 10 mfgs who are at this level and them going down will drive up prices in that market (or a corresponding lessening of quality).

/ Status of Everything Attachments #786  
Simple economics. Fewer sellers = lower supply = higher prices.

Did you forget there are many manufactures of tractor implements? Simple economics, more competition, lower prices.

EA fans think they need to pay the premium price for a grapple to use on a low HP tractor. You could easily purchase a less quality grapple and never damage it on your 55HP tractor. I would bet a large percentage of ea grapples are on tractors of less then 40HP.

It's a "feel good" thing!

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #787  
It makes a huge difference when one of the biggest, with a reputation for high quality goes down.

In economics, the term is inferior goods. Is does not necessarily mean inferior in the way most people imagine. It means inferior in the market. High end brands sell for more. You can buy cheaper grapples, but there are only a few that are in this market. The two types don't really compete. Someone who would by a Titan would not likely spend the money on an EA or Landpride. In the case of EA, their reputation of quality is still quite high. So yes, there are fewer than 10 mfgs who are at this level and them going down will drive up prices in that market (or a corresponding lessening of quality).

And as I've said before, I'm not aware of any implement manufactures doing and showing the testing that Ted did, or the transparency with factory tours showing where, how and by whom these implements were being made.

There's so much deceit out there with companies pretending to make products in the US, and not revealing where they're made or even if they're purchased from another company. I was looking at hydraulic disc harrows recently and noticed that Dirt Dog, Bush Hog and RhinoAg all sell the same "DHP" models and they all give the impression that they make the implement.

One of the things I like about Tekton tools is that they list where every tool is made, so if you prefer Taiwan to China (as I do) you're able to pick those tools. Transparency is good for all of us, but this country's economic machine doesn't want that whether it's where things are made, how much you get paid, how much things actually cost etc. This is one of the things that I liked about EA, their transparency, in addition to the quality of their products.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #788  
And as I've said before, I'm not aware of any implement manufactures doing and showing the testing that Ted did, or the transparency with factory tours showing where, how and by whom these implements were being made.

There's so much deceit out there with companies pretending to make products in the US, and not revealing where they're made or even if they're purchased from another company. I was looking at hydraulic disc harrows recently and noticed that Dirt Dog, Bush Hog and RhinoAg all sell the same "DHP" models and they all give the impression that they make the implement.

One of the things I like about Tekton tools is that they list where every tool is made, so if you prefer Taiwan to China (as I do) you're able to pick those tools. Transparency is good for all of us, but this country's economic machine doesn't want that whether it's where things are made, how much you get paid, how much things actually cost etc. This is one of the things that I liked about EA, their transparency, in addition to the quality of their products.
RhinoAG and BushHog are both part of Alamo Group.
Dirt Dog is owned by Consolidated Equipment Group
Too lazy to see if there is any crossover

/ Status of Everything Attachments #789  
Did you forget there are many manufactures of tractor implements? Simple economics, more competition, lower prices.

EA fans think they need to pay the premium price for a grapple to use on a low HP tractor. You could easily purchase a less quality grapple and never damage it on your 55HP tractor. I would bet a large percentage of ea grapples are on tractors of less then 40HP.

Some seem to think that if they have an EA grapple on the front of their compact tractor that they are the equivalent of a D9 bulldozer.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #790  

Yup, it's a "My grapple is bigger than your grapple" or "My grapple can beat up your grapple with one had tied behind his back."
It's kind of juvenile really.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D