Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #461  
I don't know this guy. Don't know what was in his heart.

Everyone is getting a pretty good picture now that it closed, no orders are being fulfilled, and no news of any refunds other than charge backs to credit cards.

Add in the fact that the website will still let you place an order and pay for it, and you get an even clearer picture.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #462  
Can you... not understand the difference between a merchant charging for an order of in-stock items that they just need to package and ship, vs a manufacturing company that may not plan to even start making your component for months in the future?

Do think Cabelas is about to go bankrupt, shut their doors and not complete their orders? Conversely, EA had a lot of red flags for a while now.
Cabela's likely as a billion dollars worth of stock sitting on their shelves. Pretty hard for a small business to do.
I haven't shopped there much. But, I'd imagine if you go in and look at .308 ammo they'll have a whole wall of it, but if you look for 45-70 Government Ammo, they might be lucky to have a few boxes of it. Or, perhaps you'll be told they'll ship it in a few days.

Each business is different. For some auto dealerships, they take out huge loans to buy a bunch of cars in the fall, then sell those throughout the year. One would think that after a few decades they would build up cash on hand for the lean periods, but that isn't their business plan. So if sales drop for one reason or another, they struggle.
Here's what blows my mind. In business 78 years. They know by now what sells, quantity, etc. Why not have 20 rear blades, 10 grapples, etc. ready to ship. As people order, make more. I understand delays in obtaining steel and parts...simply explain via email/phone call there's a shipping delay. Phone in or online same thing.
Don't charge customers card until ready to ship, contacting customer keeping them up to date. If that customer doesn't want it...no loss...sell it to someone else.
One bad review was someone went there to buy something but was told on-line sales only. A customer should be able to purchase there and get a shipping cost discount.
A few years ago the buzz in manufacturing was about "Just in Time". So one starts processing on the blades, grapples, etc, so they'll all be ready when the order comes in. Of course if they have an assembly line, there may be a benefit of doing batches of at least a few dozen of the same thing at a time.

Because you have to pay your welders to make them. And instead, you are more interested in continually siphoning profit from the business in order to spend 10+ million building a garish metal and glass box house on the lake. And probably many other silly and awful ways the money has been burned through.
Yep, welders, as well as stocking metal and paint are the cost of doing business. Keep the inventory down, but just enough for products to be ready to go out the door.

Is there some amount of customization available? What if one wants their implement in Kubota Orange or John Deere Green? Can I get mine in tie-dye? Have it sitting ready to paint and ship?

We do have a local bicycle manufacturer here in Eugene Oregon. Well, a couple of them. Anyway, the one I've been to a couple of times makes semi-custom bikes. So, a customer specifies the frame size, they braze it all together, powder coat it in the chosen color, then add the components chosen by the customer, and ship it out with a couple of month lead time. I think they could do it better, but that seems to work for them. The bike company went through a change of guard with parents passing the business to children. I have no idea how the financial transition happened. Did the parents get some of their investment back? With the change they brought out new designs.

Other businesses will get sold. And the new buyers may struggle for a period with capital expenses plus cash flow, as well as keeping customers happy.

One business where I had previously worked had the old generation, then about 5 kids who didn't all have the same business goals. Then ultimately after decades of domestic production, I think they slowly shifted to over seas production. And now I'm just not quite sure what happened to the company.

A business like Everything Attachments also likely has a huge seasonal flux. With a lot of equipment going out in the spring and early summer. Haying Season? Harvest Season? And finally snow handling equipment in the fall and winter.

A good business will try to keep 12 months of work for their employees, or perhaps 11 months of work and 1 month of vacation. That means designing a product line that covers multiple seasons, so one isn't building thousands of planting tools in November/December. Although plan to get them ready for the spring and fall planting seasons. And, if you mess up a farmer's tilling/planting/harvest cycle, then anticipate never doing business with them again.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #463  
Cabela's likely as a billion dollars worth of stock sitting on their shelves. Pretty hard for a small business to do.
I haven't shopped there much. But, I'd imagine if you go in and look at .308 ammo they'll have a whole wall of it, but if you look for 45-70 Government Ammo, they might be lucky to have a few boxes of it. Or, perhaps you'll be told they'll ship it in a few days.

Each business is different. For some auto dealerships, they take out huge loans to buy a bunch of cars in the fall, then sell those throughout the year. One would think that after a few decades they would build up cash on hand for the lean periods, but that isn't their business plan. So if sales drop for one reason or another, they struggle.

A few years ago the buzz in manufacturing was about "Just in Time". So one starts processing on the blades, grapples, etc, so they'll all be ready when the order comes in. Of course if they have an assembly line, there may be a benefit of doing batches of at least a few dozen of the same thing at a time.

Yep, welders, as well as stocking metal and paint are the cost of doing business. Keep the inventory down, but just enough for products to be ready to go out the door.

Is there some amount of customization available? What if one wants their implement in Kubota Orange or John Deere Green? Can I get mine in tie-dye? Have it sitting ready to paint and ship?

We do have a local bicycle manufacturer here in Eugene Oregon. Well, a couple of them. Anyway, the one I've been to a couple of times makes semi-custom bikes. So, a customer specifies the frame size, they braze it all together, powder coat it in the chosen color, then add the components chosen by the customer, and ship it out with a couple of month lead time. I think they could do it better, but that seems to work for them. The bike company went through a change of guard with parents passing the business to children. I have no idea how the financial transition happened. Did the parents get some of their investment back? With the change they brought out new designs.

Other businesses will get sold. And the new buyers may struggle for a period with capital expenses plus cash flow, as well as keeping customers happy.

One business where I had previously worked had the old generation, then about 5 kids who didn't all have the same business goals. Then ultimately after decades of domestic production, I think they slowly shifted to over seas production. And now I'm just not quite sure what happened to the company.

A business like Everything Attachments also likely has a huge seasonal flux. With a lot of equipment going out in the spring and early summer. Haying Season? Harvest Season? And finally snow handling equipment in the fall and winter.

A good business will try to keep 12 months of work for their employees, or perhaps 11 months of work and 1 month of vacation. That means designing a product line that covers multiple seasons, so one isn't building thousands of planting tools in November/December. Although plan to get them ready for the spring and fall planting seasons. And, if you mess up a farmer's tilling/planting/harvest cycle, then anticipate never doing business with them again.
Some of what you say makes sense, some does not.

What matters is they F'ed up. There can be plenty of "what ifs" and speculation about why, but the bottom line does not change.

Not only did they screw up, but it seems they were still taking orders after shutting down "temporarily". No class at all IMO, and possibly fraud. But I did not stay at the Holiday Inn last night and am not an attorney.

I did run an $18 million manufacturing company and am not buying some of the excuses being offered.

The TBN site owner did the smart thing today.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #464  
Where does it say that? I just went right now, the site looks normal. And you can add a $3500 grapple to your cart, and pay them immediately. I just did this and got all the way into the checkout process.

To any normal person, their website implies they are open for business, and you can simply buy whatever attachment you want right away. The money is probably still flowing in from all across the country from normal folks who don't find and read 200+ page forum threads.

Criminal, IMO.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #465  
The house is a red herring. For all you know his wife was loaded. The business has been going long enough that some of it was probably left to him. I don't begrudge someone spending their money or earning a profit.

The issue is the contractor and did he or didn't he fail to build. Had it been built as promised, production picks up and lead times drop. We won't find out until the court case is settled. Probably years from now.

It is very hard to grow a business at a pace that you want. The troubles boosted demand and any of us who tried to build during that time know how hard it was to find contractors and/or decent prices. Pretty easy to sit back and criticize. Some companies just say, sorry, out of stock. I don't know this guy. Don't know what was in his heart.
It's extremely easy to criticize, and justly, a company that didn't pay their property taxes on their existing facility, have it shuttered by court or county order, and continue with a business as usual appearance on their website. Out of curiosity I placed $10,000 worth of implements in my shopping cart on their site and went through checkout to the point of entering a credit card or clicking on PayPal. No indication that their gates were shut or whether they were temporarily or permanently closed. Also no indication of any shipping delays. It looks for all intents and purposes that I could complete the transaction and have my implements with in a few weeks.
It is at best a careless and lazy way to do business (not marking or closing the site) and at worst it is criminal fraud.
What is not known is if their facility was closed by the county for taxes, or by court order as a part of a lawsuit. If by the county for taxes, they had lots of notice, they don't just shutter a business without a few written warnings.
At any rate, at this point in time, it is unconscionable that they would keep their website active and taking orders. More than unconscionable, it's criminal.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #466  
Oh give me a break, please. Some yahoos here act like everyone just jumped in blindly with both feet, throwing money at EA without doing due diligence before placing their order.

I don't know how anyone else researched the situation, but I watched LOTS of videos, many going back YEARS posted by EA, showing they have been around for quite a long time, and the expectation was they would be around for likely many more. I watched videos of Ted walking through the shop with people being busy little worker bees making more product to sell.

People reviewing EA's products nearly unanimously had high praise for the products showing that THEIR money was well spent. Many also noted that they experienced a delay in shipping after placing the order, so certainly the expectation was that this would be the case NOW.

Of course there are also negative reviews, but I seriously doubt there are many companies with a 100% positive review record anywhere.

Then there was the well known fact of raw materials getting hard to come by, and nearly every industry was experiencing this problem. Most people have recognized this issue and come to expect delays getting some products.

So with all the evidence at my disposal, I saw a reputable company who has been in this for apparently the long haul, selling very desirable and quality products that has a long waiting list of other people who placed orders before mine. All the facts visible pointed to this being "just the way it is" if I also wanted one of these desirable and quality products myself. I took the "pay in full in advance" requirement as pretty much "a LOT of people want these things, so either play along because that is the way we want to do business, or get out of the line."

Yet some people here, who are apparently not in the acquisition phase of their tractoring are chortling about the bad fortune that seems to have befallen people who are stuck between a rock and a hard place with their orders. Slapping themselves on the back, along with the other mongrels running in their pack, thinking it is their brains that saved them from being in the same predicament rather than just pure and plain dumb luck.

[WHINE MODE OFF] :)

I feel for those that have money tied up with EA at this point. There was little concern for me ordering from EA in the past (grapple, box blade, and pine rake) and EA's current predicament was a complete shock to me.

Lesson learned going forward though; I'm not waiting months for an order that has already billed my credit card.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #467  
For those that don't know, I work for a large heavy truck dealership.

I know salesmen who would skip their mothers own funeral to contact a customer. Especially if they know it's going to make or break a sale.
The bosses over those salesmen would go apocalyptic if word got to them that a customer was having trouble reaching a salesman that had worked on a deal with them.

It's okay to have problems, or run into issues. The lack of communication, even if it's a simple "We've run into some difficulties we can't discuss, however we are still working on getting equipment out to those who ordered it." was the final straw for me to turn the matter over to my CC company.

Again, I hope I'm just being a nervous nelly and EA comes back stronger than ever. However it doesn't look like that's the case.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #468  
I'm not seeing a lot of details. Here's another article.

Apparently with the ongoing litigation they're limiting the number of details being released. But, at least one problem is related to the heating system installation.

Nonetheless, it doesn't indicate that Everything Attachments has failed. But, they are stuck with trying to move into a new facility that isn't ready yet, and apparently isn't built to code.

How involved was Everything Attachments with their new building construction and design? I haven't done commercial construction, but for a multi million dollar contract, I'd expect significant involvement in the process.

It sounds to me that the company needs better customer communication. At least having staff to answer calls and respond to queries.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #469  
I'm not seeing a lot of details. Here's another article.

Apparently with the ongoing litigation they're limiting the number of details being released. But, at least one problem is related to the heating system installation.

Nonetheless, it doesn't indicate that Everything Attachments has failed. But, they are stuck with trying to move into a new facility that isn't ready yet, and apparently isn't built to code.

How involved was Everything Attachments with their new building construction and design? I haven't done commercial construction, but for a multi million dollar contract, I'd expect significant involvement in the process.

It sounds to me that the company needs better customer communication. At least having staff to answer calls and respond to queries.
It doesn't explain their failure to pay the property taxes on their current location. That indicates a serious cash flow issue beyond the building dispute. $50k is not a lot of money for a business their size.
It also doesn't explain there continuing to operate their website in a business as usual manner.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #470  
For those that don't know, I work for a large heavy truck dealership.

I know salesmen who would skip their mothers own funeral to contact a customer. Especially if they know it's going to make or break a sale.
The bosses over those salesmen would go apocalyptic if word got to them that a customer was having trouble reaching a salesman that had worked on a deal with them.

It's okay to have problems, or run into issues. The lack of communication, even if it's a simple "We've run into some difficulties we can't discuss, however we are still working on getting equipment out to those who ordered it." was the final straw for me to turn the matter over to my CC company.

Again, I hope I'm just being a nervous nelly and EA comes back stronger than ever. However it doesn't look like that's the case.
Companies vary. That is how a sales staff should operate.

Other companies consider customer support to be a liability.

True or not, a post on a website not connected to them insinuating a possible bankruptcy could make all the phones blow up.

If they are still running, one would think they would add a blurb to their website, as well as to the message on their answering machine to calm customer fears.