Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #251  
   / Status of Everything Attachments #252  
Wife & I will never understood the charm in a mansion...and no, not "sour grapes" but what's the purpose? Apparently to try impressing people? We don't get it and never will. Imagine the mortgage payment on $6M?
Pretty much the same with us. We built a decent place back in '90 on about 2-1/4 acres when the kids were young. With our savings and the sale of the old house, we had no debt when we were done. The lot is at one end of a 4-lot piece of the FIL's farm and one BIL is on the other end. We like elbow room, so years ago my BIL and I each bought our adjacent lots.

We occasionally talk about getting something smaller, and maybe with some more land for a buffer zone and a pole barn. But, life is strange and who knows what's next. I'll be 75 this year and Wifey is only a year younger. We have 3 grown boys and grandkids. One granddaughter passed in December following an operation. Our only daughter turned 4 a couple months back. It's nice to have a place we can put the kids / grandkids up if needed. We're comfortable here.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #253  
Unfortunately I could imagine it being about a dozen promised but not yet delivered grapples per month. Living within your means should be a course that is mandatory prior to graduating high school.
Agree 100% ^
There was a local prosperous company near where I grew up, 100+ employees. The son was my age spoiled rotten. After parents passed the son bankrupted the business within a few years.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #254  
They'd been in business so long with such a good reputation. I hope its just a hiccup, but I did just order $8K worth of goods just a couple weeks ago.
Charge back now...!

/ Status of Everything Attachments #255  
Agree 100% ^
There was a local prosperous company near where I grew up, 100+ employees. The son was my age spoiled rotten. After parents passed the son bankrupted the business within a few years.
Our long time accountant once told us that a third generation business in his experience is rare.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #256  
When doing a chargeback on something that I consider to a fair amount of money say like one of their grapples, does the CC company ever actually go after the company to try and recoup the loss? I understand if they don't go after $20 but $3000.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #258  
But, life is strange and who knows what's next. I'll be 75 this year and Wifey is only a year younger. We have 3 grown boys and grandkids. One granddaughter passed in December following an operation. Our only daughter turned 4 a couple months back. It's nice to have a place we can put the kids / grandkids up if needed. We're comfortable here.
With a 4 yr old daughter you've plenty of expenses in front of you!

/ Status of Everything Attachments #259  
I am very sad as I really was looking forward to using what I believed to be the best grapple for me.

I'm going to wait a bit for a grapple in hopes that when the dust settles EA comes out on top and I can re-order the Wicked 60.
I was looking forward to getting an EA Wicked Grapple v2.0, almost put in an order. I am now looking at this MTL grapple, a little heavier, but cheaper than the EA equivalent.
They are presently 'sold out', but that just means they have a 12 day backlog.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #260  
Homestead builds one very similar to EA, hardox 450 etc. Made in US + offers a veteran discount and ”free” shipping It doesn’t have the EA/ TBN hype but it’s a nice grapple unit. We do use our equipment everyday the weather permits.

60" Root Grapple
0aa06e48-2923-47ce-b595-49b54d2a7c23.png

312 lbs
61 3/8"
39 1/2"
7 Bottom & 6 Top
9 7/8" Bottom &
10 1/4" Top
5/16" Hardox® 450
2" x 6" &
1 1/8" Rod
5 Standard Colors
12-Month Limited
Up to 55hp
$ 2,690
Shipped
I bought my 7' landplane from them. Well built and well designed. I've had it for about 2 years. Their website tells you upfront about lead time, which was about 6 weeks for mine when ordered. They beat their projected time by two weeks, which was slightly to my disadvantage. The roads were weight limited by the spring thaw so I had to hook up a trailer and meet the truck in town to take delivery.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D