Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,111  
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that for some reason, all the fanboys have gone strangely silent in the past 10 days.
Actually, it is now virtually impossible to defend his actions. I read that they weren't able to serve him on the last action because he failed to appear for a court date.
It's actually sad that a company that otherwise seemed solid, folded like a cheap lawn chair. They built good quality attachments but there are lots of other companies ready to fill the void.

Heh Heh,

Casablanca quote

Seriously though I hope everyone gets their money back that pre paid.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,112  
Someone please answer is EA still in business or not?...
WAIT! This just in!
Just now I tried going on the EA website...says "server not found"!
So.....
View attachment 853658
I don't know about anyone else but, I flagged it as a fraudulent website with Google and others.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,113  
BUCK Knives comes to mind as a Good company and products.
1902>

That's a relative term. For the price they charge, I would say "not good" relative to other options in the marketplace today. And no, I'm not comparing them to cheap Chinese knock-offs.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,114  
And Case knives

Personally, I generally find Case Knives to be better at a similar price point but, today I look towards Solingen, Germany for a good slip-joint in the ~$50~$100 range.

In fairness though, the better Chinese options today are pretty impressive when you look at a ~$50 slip-joint. They also generally use D2 blade steel heat treated properly, or sometimes newer steels, which outperform Case and Buck carbon and stainless blades by a wide margin!

The Rosecraft slip-joint I got at the Texas Blade Show for $40 would easily be $100 from Case or Buck at "street pricing" and the fit and finish are outstanding! Much better action as well.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,115  
I don't follow along on his issues other than this thread. Like I said long ago, I almost bought a 3 point stump grinder from them but didn't when they wanted 100% payment in advance. I don't do business that way and when I questioned them they were adamant so I went elsewhere and bought one. Candidly, I don't believe they were building in house, all the items they were offering for sale on the website anyway, I believe a number of them were being built by other concerns and drop shipped to customers with their logo stickers on them. I want to say Erskine was building the stump grinders and selling them (drop shipped) to EA customers. I could be wrong but I don't believe I am. With stump grinders there are really only 3 designs in use today except the Canadian outfit, Woodmax I think. There is Erskine, Land Pride and another that are common. All similar in design and execution with small differences. I wound up buying a Land Pride through my Kubota dealer but I bought the Landpride because they use the Green Manufacturing 'Greenteeth' carbide cutters and Green manufacturing is local for me so tooth replacement is easy. The sucker wails through stumps I will say.... and I purchased the Landpride for less than EA was asking for the one on their website as well and as usual, I paid no tax on it either. Farm purchase.
My Massey loader to SSQA adapter was built by WR Long, though I bought it through EA. Spoke to WR Long would not sell direct even though they shipped direct so, paid EA and all went well.

This was back last Summer so, out of the timeframe for current events though, I am sure the SCAM was running back then too.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,116  
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,117  
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,119  
My Massey loader to SSQA adapter was built by WR Long, though I bought it through EA. Spoke to WR Long would not sell direct even though they shipped direct so, paid EA and all went well.

This was back last Summer so, out of the timeframe for current events though, I am sure the SCAM was running back then too.
Interesting. I bought one of their hay accumulators direct from them some years back. I believe it all distills back to whatever agreement the manufacturer has with the 2nd tier supplier.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,120  
If end users REALLY knew what the markup was on retail goods sold to the general public, I'm sure they would all be amazed and PO'd at the same time.

For example, back when I delivered steel for the outfit I retired from, one of my regular deliveries of slit coils of hot rolled was TRW steering division near Grand Rapids and I got to know the employees as well as the plant management pretty well and one day I spied a full wire basket of finished tie rod ends waiting to be shipped out and I asked the assistant plant manager what the cost to produce them was and he told me about 50 cents per unit. I didn't say anything but thought to myself, those tie rod ends look just like the ones on my Ford F350 diesel pickup truck and I had just replaced the no grease ones with a set that had grease fittings and I paid at the local discount auto parts store (Autozone), 130 bucks for a set of 2 and I'm sure at a dealer they would have been even more.

When you take the 50 cent per part build cost and look at the Autozone 'discount' price and compare, that to me is one huge markup from the maker, in this case TRW to the retail price. Scary isn't it?