Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M
Ok, so I have an update! My selling dealership emailed me yesterday, with the salesman telling me this :

"Hope you're doing well, we have been in communication with AGCO about these glow plugs trying to figure something out for you. We think we may have a solution to keep those plugs cycled longer. So we are going to order a part that AGCO says will help. We will cover it, I was just letting you know and have been trying to figure out ways to help. I will be in contact when they get here so I can let you know when I will have a technician come that way. "

So hopefully this will resolve my issue. Thank you to everyone for their ideas and input. I never checked battery date, it felt like it had plenty of juice, it turned over fine, the glowplugs didnt stay on long enough to get hot enough to fire.
And yes sometimes plugging in block heater does affect the temp sensor for glowplug/grid heater(my 2-6.7 cummins). I had never thought of yanmar being easier to start over iseki, so that's a good point. However at the end of the day, the only real issue was the automatic glowplug relay system not staying on long enough to "glow" and help this engine fire.
I hope whatever the dealer/agco come up with works. Thanks.

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #12  
Ok, so I have an update! My selling dealership emailed me yesterday, with the salesman telling me this :

"Hope you're doing well, we have been in communication with AGCO about these glow plugs trying to figure something out for you. We think we may have a solution to keep those plugs cycled longer. So we are going to order a part that AGCO says will help. We will cover it, I was just letting you know and have been trying to figure out ways to help. I will be in contact when they get here so I can let you know when I will have a technician come that way. "

So hopefully this will resolve my issue. Thank you to everyone for their ideas and input. I never checked battery date, it felt like it had plenty of juice, it turned over fine, the glowplugs didnt stay on long enough to get hot enough to fire.
And yes sometimes plugging in block heater does affect the temp sensor for glowplug/grid heater(my 2-6.7 cummins). I had never thought of yanmar being easier to start over iseki, so that's a good point. However at the end of the day, the only real issue was the automatic glowplug relay system not staying on long enough to "glow" and help this engine fire.
I hope whatever the dealer/agco come up with works. Thanks.
Thanks for letting us know and it sounds like your dealer is truly trying to help you which is nice to learn!

I wonder what part they are looking to replace? Did your's fail or is this something additional? Let us know when you find out.

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #13  
I would love to know the specifics of this "part" and what it takes to install (can I do it or is the expertise of a dealership required?) I also own a 2022 1840M, and I'm located in Michigan. We had a cold spell here, and I too thought the glow plug cycle time was very short.

Looking forward to how this part fixes the problem and finding out if it is something I can add to my tractor.

Shane

So, the 2nd dealership i had been in communication with, just to ask them questions about the 1840m and its startup procedure, called me yesterday. Their service manager is who I had been speaking to. He said he had been in communication with agco, and they told him, who then told me(Im sure the story and the details change with this many people involved) that after turning key on, the 4 instrumentation light come on, the RPM gauge cycles, the lights go off, then the glowplug comes back on for a split second. It is at this point, i was told the glow plugs continue to stay on, and wait for up to 15 seconds before starting. 😀😃😄😁😆😅🤣😂😂😂. Hogwash, but i just thought i would pass along what information i had been given.
Btw, i had already tried waiting 5-8 seconds after glowplug light went out, just in case there was something screwy with it, no luck, or any indication that something was working.
Once i get new "part" installed, I will try and get model number and whatever info I can get, and put it on here in case it helps anyone out.

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #15  
I'm looking forward to your update. I'm not happy with how hard it was to start my 4707 when it was 10F. It's not normal to be that cold, but it does happen a few times every winter. If there is a better part for your tractor, maybe there is one for mine? I'll ask my dealer once I see what you used on your tractor.

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #16  
Even at -4 degrees when I turned the key
tractor started right up and even at 40 degrees
I just turn the key as soon as the tach stops
and it starts right up no spinning the engine
I use pure synthetic oil 15W40

willy

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #17  
So, the 2nd dealership i had been in communication with, just to ask them questions about the 1840m and its startup procedure, called me yesterday. Their service manager is who I had been speaking to. He said he had been in communication with agco, and they told him, who then told me(Im sure the story and the details change with this many people involved) that after turning key on, the 4 instrumentation light come on, the RPM gauge cycles, the lights go off, then the glowplug comes back on for a split second. It is at this point, i was told the glow plugs continue to stay on, and wait for up to 15 seconds before starting. 😀😃😄😁😆😅🤣😂😂😂. Hogwash, but i just thought i would pass along what information i had been given.
Btw, i had already tried waiting 5-8 seconds after glowplug light went out, just in case there was something screwy with it, no luck, or any indication that something was working.
Once i get new "part" installed, I will try and get model number and whatever info I can get, and put it on here in case it helps anyone out.
Thanks for the update. Keep me posted. I would feel better, if the glow plug light stayed lit, while the glow plugs were on.

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #18  
I’ve just traded up from a 1739E to a 2850M. Both have no trouble starting. I’d be interested to hear what the dealer’s ‘fix’ is and what they say was wrong with the stock set up. It was around 25f this morning and tractor has not been started for a few days. Heater light came on for about 2 seconds, if that, then cranked over for a second or so, fired right up.

I havent forgotten about posting fix, its just that dealer says they need to bring the 1840m back to their shop for repair. And i need it for snow removal till april. So we have set up repair for mid april. So hang tight.

/ Starting a new Massey Ferguson 1840M #20  
Any update on this?