Starter not engaging flywheel?

/ Starter not engaging flywheel? #21  
Probably something wrong with the bendix if your flywheel is all good. Replace the starter if it's still in return period.

/ Starter not engaging flywheel?
If the battery is weak, it will do exactly that,,,,,,,,,,,
Hmmm... OK. I will try charging or using another battery. Thanks...

Hmmm... OK. I will try charging or using another battery. Thanks...
I hooked a charger up and it said it was at 80%. I know the battery is only a little more than 1 year and should be fine, i hooked the charger up and it finished in 10 minutes. I will reconnect and the try it again just to eliminate that as a potential issue.

That’s a sign of a good starter. I hate to say it but sounds like a wire out fly wheel
"Wire out?". Not sure what that means...

OK, so i am leaning towards:
- bad battery.
- Something wrong with whatever pushes the starter gear forward.

I charged the existing battery (it didn't take long so i think the battery is fine). I mounted the starter and tried it and again... grinding and then started on the second try.
The reason i am leaning towards the starter not pushing the gear forward is on on attempt, it engaged and almost started, but then started grinding again. IT seemed as if the gear must have pulled partially back and slipped.
So i am charging up a car battery to see if that will work. I did try that one but it just clicked with the typical low battery noise (relay?).
Just to note... there is a real difference between the grinding noise i hear and the sound a low battery makes.
Can i test the battery with a multimeter to tell if it's good? WHat setting and what am i looking for? (Sorry, i am not a greaser!) :D

/ Starter not engaging flywheel? #28  
Probably something wrong with the bendix if your flywheel is all good. Replace the starter if it's still in return period.
With the battery charged up, I think it acts like the Bendix Drive also.

With the battery charged up, I think it acts like the Bendix Drive also.
At this point i agree. It's going back for a replacement.