Start problem

/ Start problem #1  

Tarnold

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls 3038h, ford 1900
Ford 1920 shuttle shift. Glow plugs will not turn off so disconnected, another problem. The problem for a long time
is starts fine, BUT if I stall it or shut it off, it will ONLY restart after about an hour cooldown.

/ Start problem #2  
I`m not an expert, but it sounds as if you have a big electrics issue. Not restarting when hot sounds like the electrics cutting off the fuel pump until it gets below a preset temperature. Glow plugs sound as if they are getting a signal from the same bit of electrics. Some electronics, and again I say I do not know, but, sometimes if you take away all the power, sometimes electronic boards will reset to factory default when rebooting after a few minutes. But again I say I do not know. Good luck.

/ Start problem #3  
I really don't know the 1920.... but here is the wiring diagram for the circuits in question... maybe they help.... Also we had an issue with the NH glow plug timer.... you can double check but I think your machine might use the same as ours... (NH part # SBA385870301 price $100+++) but it seems to cross over to a Kubota #15694-65990, which you can find for $25 or so...

Attachments

• Wiring Diagram Ford 1920 pic 1.jpg
    Wiring Diagram Ford 1920 pic 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95