Starlink

/ Starlink #3,871  
Yes, point of contact.

I should do that. The only obstructions around here are my buildings and trees. No big elevation issues.
Ok, just randomly tried some spots in the yard. 7% obstruction. I was going to mount it on the shop roof (16' at shoulder). What kind of number and I trying to hit?

/ Starlink #3,872  
Ok, just randomly tried some spots in the yard. 7% obstruction. I was going to mount it on the shop roof (16' at shoulder). What kind of number and I trying to hit?
To get reliable answers, you need to have the phone exactly where you intend to mount the antenna. So, if you want to mount it on your shop roof, I would get out the ladder and hold the phone up 24" or so, and try it there.

I tried a number of places on the my roofs, and discovered that the optimal position wasn't where I thought it would be due to tilted nature of the antenna, and the preferred orientation. The goal is 0%.

I mounted mine off of a roof rafter with this mount which is rock solid. I really like it. I used Dishy with a bolt in this mount and then upgraded to the Starlink pole mount adapter that is more solid.
Amazon.com

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,873  
Got email today from Starlink my order is ready to ship. I currently have Starlink Roam what is the best thing to do. I sent message to Starlink to see about converting my current Roam to Residential

/ Starlink #3,874  
I got an email saying it shipped last night. Tracking shows it could arrive today. If the map is right, it's already in the nearest town (which is odd, since it is still far from anything resembling a city). Under-promise over-deliver, I guess. Now I have to learn what I got myself into.

/ Starlink #3,875  
I got an email saying it shipped last night. Tracking shows it could arrive today. If the map is right, it's already in the nearest town (which is odd, since it is still far from anything resembling a city). Under-promise over-deliver, I guess. Now I have to learn what I got myself into.
If you just use it with the equipment supplied like we do it's a piece of cake to set up. I don't know the first thing about networking, routers, etc. but I had no problems. I've only had one noticeable outage and I have zero obstructions from my porch roof.

/ Starlink #3,876  
If you just use it with the equipment supplied like we do it's a piece of cake to set up. I don't know the first thing about networking, routers, etc. but I had no problems. I've only had one noticeable outage and I have zero obstructions from my porch roof.
Mine house is surrounded by 12+ year old loblolly pines. Lots of obstruction. Elevation is pretty flat around here, but lots of trees.

I hope I can get it running. I'm literally sitting in my truck so I can connect to the internet. No cell service in buildings. The house is pre-wired for internet, so once I get it working, I don't have to use wifi for most of my devices.

/ Starlink #3,877  
Mine house is surrounded by 12+ year old loblolly pines. Lots of obstruction. Elevation is pretty flat around here, but lots of trees.

I hope I can get it running. I'm literally sitting in my truck so I can connect to the internet. No cell service in buildings. The house is pre-wired for internet, so once I get it working, I don't have to use wifi for most of my devices.
Did you get the adapter that interfaces with your router and the Starlink wifi router. Or, have they changed their supplied router to provide an Ethernet connection?

/ Starlink #3,879  

Try and see. You can even start with the antenna on table. Again, your phone is your best buddy for figuring out where the best location is. With trees in the area, getting the antenna location toward the southeast so that the antenna has a better view north/northwest across whatever home clearing you have may help.

All the best,

Peter