Starlink

/ Starlink #3,711  
   / Starlink #3,712  
Curious, did people get rid of the box the dish came in or save it?

We have a bad habit of saving original packaging of things like computers, xboxes, dish network receivers, etc. Our spare bedroom is full of them and we're cleaning it out and burning them.

We haven't gotten rid of the dish box yet.

Last edited:
   / Starlink #3,713  
I usually keep boxes for stuff like that for a while too. Typically through the warranty period just in case I have to ship it back somewhere. I've had SL for 2.25 years now so the box is useless at this point unless I got into a situation where SL shipped me a new dish as this one still worked so I could sell it and ship it (or if we got rid of SL, which is super unlikely).

/ Starlink #3,714  
Yes, I kept the box, too. It would be a major pain to make an appropriate box to ship the dish, if it was ever needed. Then again, I'm not running out of bedroom storage...

I do tend to keep boxes for high value items until replacement makes more sense; for some items, like computers, that's the end of their warranties.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,715  
I kept the box my Starlink came it, 3 months later I needed to ship it back... glad I kept it.

/ Starlink #3,716  
I am not happy at all with my Starlink experience so far.

Regular service is not available in my area, but I could buy the RV package and pay $150 for monthly service. Which I did.

They started billing me for my monthly service, but have yet to even ship my equipment.

I have tried many times to contact them on the website. Their customer service seems to be nonexistent. My only option now is to call the bank and reverse charges, which is going to be a pain.

Not what I expected at all.

/ Starlink #3,717  
I am not happy at all with my Starlink experience so far.

Regular service is not available in my area, but I could buy the RV package and pay $150 for monthly service. Which I did.

They started billing me for my monthly service, but have yet to even ship my equipment.

I have tried many times to contact them on the website. Their customer service seems to be nonexistent. My only option now is to call the bank and reverse charges, which is going to be a pain.

Not what I expected at all.
If you miss or ignore a call from California that's their customer service calling you.

/ Starlink #3,718  
If you miss or ignore a call from California that's their customer service calling you.

I am just waiting for any type of response at all.

There is no easy way to contact them from what I can tell so far.

It is beyond aggravating that I am being billed for the service, however the tracking shows that my equipment has not even been shipped.

And the fact that they are just ignoring me pisses me off even more.

/ Starlink #3,719  
I am just waiting for any type of response at all.

There is no easy way to contact them from what I can tell so far.

It is beyond aggravating that I am being billed for the service, however the tracking shows that my equipment has not even been shipped.

And the fact that they are just ignoring me pisses me off even more.
Something about that isn't making sense. They normally don't begin the billing cycle until you activate the service (i.e. once you have the equipment and install/activate it.

I totally get how frustrating it is to not be able to contact them directly, i.e. via phone. It is one of the single biggest drawbacks to the company. Keep using the online ticket submission... They do seem to respond within few days that way, in my experience.

/ Starlink #3,720  
Something about that isn't making sense. They normally don't begin the billing cycle until you activate the service (i.e. once you have the equipment and install/activate it.

I totally get how frustrating it is to not be able to contact them directly, i.e. via phone. It is one of the single biggest drawbacks to the company. Keep using the online ticket submission... They do seem to respond within few days that way, in my experience.

I could show you my bank statement where they have billed me the $150 monthly service, and I could show you the FedEx tracking that shows my equipment has not left the facility.

I totally agree that it doesn’t make any sense. That’s why I find this experience so frustrating. I have sent 3 messages over the last 3 days, each time I get a canned response that basically says they’ll get to me when they get to me.

So this initial customer service experience is turning me off to the entire thing.