Starlink

/ Starlink #2,941  
Dennis, seeing any performance difference?

/ Starlink #2,942  
Dennis, seeing any performance difference?

Didn’t look.
I’ll do a speed test on both back to back and see.
The RV unit will stay active till the end of the billing month. So if you turn it on again after that , you paying for a month.

Last edited:
   / Starlink #2,943  
I have a suspected hardware problem with SL equipment. I posted a support ticket this morning, and got the message about "unexpected high volume" meaning response might be slow.

If you posted such a ticket, what sort of response time did you receive?

/ Starlink #2,944  
A few hours. Plus you had to be logged into your Starlink account.

/ Starlink #2,945  
I have a suspected hardware problem with SL equipment. I posted a support ticket this morning, and got the message about "unexpected high volume" meaning response might be slow.

About 2-3 days in early summer. My complaint was about loss of signal during even modest rain showers. Their polite in-app email response basically said to get used to it. Otherwise it’s been great since arriving in February.

/ Starlink #2,946  

with the billing and turning off the wrong dish that we had issues with it was sometimes hours or less then a day. It took me forever to figure out how to send a ticket in.....thumbs down when you search for an issue lets you open up a ticket....

/ Starlink #2,947  
About 2-3 days in early summer. My complaint was about loss of signal during even modest rain showers. Their polite in-app email response basically said to get used to it. Otherwise it’s been great since arriving in February.
So basically, no difference than DirectTV for reception/transmit in heavy clods with water or a drizzle or a storm.

/ Starlink #2,948  
I'm pleased with the response from Starlink support. They responded in about 24 hours, which was adequate. Told me they would send a replacement router (refurb) and replacement cable (refurb) at no cost to me. Sent me labels to use to send the bad unit(s) back.

Plus gave me a 1 month credit on my service in recognition of the lost usage. More than I was expecting. :)

/ Starlink #2,949  
So basically, no difference than DirectTV for reception/transmit in heavy clods with water or a drizzle or a storm.
We see a HUGE difference between Starlink and the WildBlue satellite system we had years ago. Wildblue used similar technology and geosynchronous satellites as Direct TV. Wildblue would lose signal in a moderate rain. With Starlink, we still have working internet in all but the heaviest storms.

/ Starlink #2,950  
My neighbor in the highly obstructed location is seeing a dramatic variation in speeds. As fast as 100+mbps but as slow as 1mbps.

Total guesswork, but could it be that it's fast when pointed up at an unobstructed satellite, and slower when shooting through treetops and vegetation which degrades the signal?

He's OK with this since its better than his old DSL. But also recognizes that things may degrade further when there becomes a snow load in the trees ....