Starlink

/ Starlink #1,491  
Thanks. Your situation seems similar to mine. We have several large oak trees that block our northern view. We are still waiting for our Starlink delivery, but I am anticipating there will be a siting problem because of the trees. I may be able to locate the dish in an area some distance away from the house, but then I was not sure about how to deal with getting the signal from the dish to our mesh router that is located in a closet in the middle of the house. This sounds as if the point to point radio it is at least part of the solution. Thanks for the help.
Going up on a tower, such as a Rohn type, certainly helps for Starlink, if you have the space for the guy wires, or can get a concrete truck in, as the standalone tower bases take more than a few cubic yards.

Ubiquiti and others have a variety of PtP models. The 5GHz versions will tolerant some amount of levels and branches. The 60GHz won't and can even have trouble with heavy rain over long distances. (1"+/hr, or so I have been told)

FWIW: Chris Sherwood at Crosstalk solutions on YouTube has a variety of reviews that I have found helpful.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,492  
Unfortunate, the only decent signal here is Verizon. For me.

Neighbors have tried Sprint, AT&T, and a host of MVNO's. They all suck.

My issue is Verizon cannot seem to offer their HOME plan to me, yet I can get any other plan available or through another service provider. All of course cost four (4) times as much.
I can't get it here either. I suspect that Verizon only sells it where they have excess capacity on a tower. Verizon is almost one bar in our lower pasture, if you hold the phone just right.

If you can deal with the fly-by-night nature of resellers, you can often get month to month unlimited Verizon SIMs via resellers or eBay, but it is definitely buyer beware as they come and go, and so does your account. I get the feeling it is a cat and mouse game with Verizon and the other major carriers.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,493  
Unfortunate, the only decent signal here is Verizon. For me.

Neighbors have tried Sprint, AT&T, and a host of MVNO's. They all suck.
The question for me is, will the Verizon LTE Home Internet suck as much as their worthless DSL service.

/ Starlink
#1,494  
The question for me is, will the Verizon LTE Home Internet suck as much as their worthless DSL service.
August 15th I ordered Verizon LTE Home Internet. I'm still waiting delivery. Order status is never ending "processing". That service is suppose to have no data cap and speed is suppose to be 50 Mbps. If true it would be an acceptable, temporary alternative to Starlink. I preordered Starlink in February. Since then nothing but crickets from them also! 🦗

/ Starlink #1,495  
August 15th I ordered Verizon LTE Home Internet. I'm still waiting delivery. Order status is never ending "processing". That service is suppose to have no data cap and speed is suppose to be 50 Mbps. If true it would be an acceptable, temporary alternative to Starlink. I preordered Starlink in February. Since then nothing but crickets from them also! 🦗
I placed my Verizon LTE Home Internet order yesterday (11/1) and received a shipping notice with tracking number this morning. The equipment supposed to arrive Thurs. 11/4. A good sign but no guarantee. We'll see what happens.

/ Starlink #1,496  
Our other issue is no cell service at home, if we were going to try to get a cell signal, we would have to set something up on the hill behind our house and run fiber to us, about 1/8th of a mile or so away. starlink I keep hoping will come through for us.

/ Starlink #1,497  
Our other issue is no cell service at home, if we were going to try to get a cell signal, we would have to set something up on the hill behind our house and run fiber to us, about 1/8th of a mile or so away. starlink I keep hoping will come through for us.
If you are serious, it is much easier to run the signal as internet (Ethernet (fiber or radio)) rather than trying to move a cell signal that distance. (Easier meaning many fewer dollars. Many fewer. I couldn't find a solution for under $4,000) With the internet at the house, you can use WiFi calling.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,498  
If you are serious, it is much easier to run the signal as internet (Ethernet (fiber or radio)) rather than trying to move a cell signal that distance. (Easier meaning many fewer dollars. Many fewer. I couldn't find a solution for under $4,000) With the internet at the house, you can use WiFi calling.

All the best,

Peter
That would have to be the way we go then. I am going to give it another month, but then really have to look at setting up that system.

/ Starlink
#1,499  
I placed my Verizon LTE Home Internet order yesterday (11/1) and received a shipping notice with tracking number this morning. The equipment supposed to arrive Thurs. 11/4. A good sign but no guarantee. We'll see what happens.
Good luck. Hope your order arrives on time and it works properly. If you have problems and Verizon Support can't help there is a Reddit Verizon Forum available. r/verizon

/ Starlink #1,500  
I have a question on using the app to check for obstructions. What do the % numbers that show on the screen mean?