Starlink

/ Starlink #861  
I notice Starlink gets a lot of air time by the media. Perhaps it drives ratings or just fills in news slots. It is amazing what Starlink is doing for the outlying population around the world while meeting the communication needs of our military at a lower cost than in the past I expect.

/ Starlink #862  
Just got FedEx notice that mine has shipped. A week after Pat's (above), which is also how much after him I placed my order. By next week I can be streaming away happily...

Rob

/ Starlink #863  
Mine is still on the table in the front room. Has not got to the top of the to-do list yet. Maybe tomorrow afternoon if the weather stays dry.
satellite.jpg

/ Starlink #865  
I hope ours golden ticket gets punched soon. We will save about 135$ a month by dropping direct tv, and frontier and going with streaming services. I really hope it happens soon.

/ Starlink #866  
A couple of things about streaming from our experience.

If you want local news/network programing, you will have to pay for it through the streaming service. This made the savings much less than anticipated.

Streaming services will advertise that you get certain programing, but it is old/not up to date. For example, my wife likes Food Network. One of the streaming services had Food Network, but none of the programming was current. Really made my wife mad to read about something coming up on Food only to find it was not available on streaming services.

We ended up adding a basic + cable package to our plan that got locals and the other channels we wanted. This, along with internet/streaming was still less than Dish Network was, but certainly not the savings we thought we would be getting by "cutting the cord".

One of the things I like about the streaming services is that you can start and stop them easily via their website. We move around to different services at will depending on what they have available that we want to watch.

YMMV

/ Starlink #869  
A couple of things about streaming from our experience.

If you want local news/network programing, you will have to pay for it through the streaming service. This made the savings much less than anticipated.

Streaming services will advertise that you get certain programing, but it is old/not up to date. For example, my wife likes Food Network. One of the streaming services had Food Network, but none of the programming was current. Really made my wife mad to read about something coming up on Food only to find it was not available on streaming services.

We ended up adding a basic + cable package to our plan that got locals and the other channels we wanted. This, along with internet/streaming was still less than Dish Network was, but certainly not the savings we thought we would be getting by "cutting the cord".

One of the things I like about the streaming services is that you can start and stop them easily via their website. We move around to different services at will depending on what they have available that we want to watch.

YMMV

Try weaning yourself off network content altogether. YouTube has much better content than broadcast TV by far. Change is difficult but better programming is out there and it’s FREE.

/ Starlink #870  
We feel between, prime, netflix, locast and disney + we would have everything we want, plus there is youtube. All those streaming services would be new to us as we cannot stream at home, so we have a lot of programs that we can watch.