SSQA Spade?

/ SSQA Spade? #1  

needmoredirt

Silver Member
Tractor
L2501HST4WD, BadBoy ZT, JD 125, JKU Rubicon
Thinking about digging smallish holes, maybe a dozen sqft.

66" bucket is hardly my idea of a manual shovel, while 48" (or 24) root digger $1K seemed pretty crazy in more ways than one.

Adding stuff to the bucket/forks seems, well, strenuous, blinding in the way steel?

Have removed some small stumps w/42" forks, went real slow, didn't break anything, did slow the FEL to a stop more than once in the process. Chain, pull, tear up the yard. Phew!

Thinking dig a hole, carve out around a stump, who knows. Shovel and wheelbarrow, nope!

Crazy to think a little tractor can not do this with ease with the right implement?

I can't be the first one thinking SSQA spade attachment to swap w/forks or ???

/ SSQA Spade? #2  
Thinking about digging smallish holes, maybe a dozen sqft.

66" bucket is hardly my idea of a manual shovel, while 48" (or 24) root digger $1K seemed pretty crazy in more ways than one.

Adding stuff to the bucket/forks seems, well, strenuous, blinding in the way steel?

Have removed some small stumps w/42" forks, went real slow, didn't break anything, did slow the FEL to a stop more than once in the process. Chain, pull, tear up the yard. Phew!

Thinking dig a hole, carve out around a stump, who knows. Shovel and wheelbarrow, nope!

Crazy to think a little tractor can not do this with ease with the right implement?

I can't be the first one thinking SSQA spade attachment to swap w/forks or ???
We remove one of the forks and tac weld a chunk of flat bar we have teeth welded on to the other.. Use that to stick in and out of the ground ripping the roots, work your way around the tree. When you cut the stump leave it high so you can get your fork on it. Push on it and you should be able to roll it over then get under and rip it out. Done a lot with the skid loader that way. Couple with the tractor, do able but harder.

/ SSQA Spade?
My forks came from them. I've look at that one. 40" seems like a skid steer tool, a lot for a 2501, or am I short changing the machine? Poking holes w/forks about that length saw its limits. 24" would seem plenty.

/ SSQA Spade? #5  
Your forks are longer and almost twice as heavy as that stump bucket. 318 lbs to 160 lbs. I'm probably going to get that one eventually since I can't bring myself to pay $1,000+ for an oversized shovel either. I'm waiting for it to go on sale.