SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach

/ SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach #1  

itharr

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
Hi all,

So I bought a Kioti CK2610, which I have been loving so far - just coming up on 10 hours now.

However I've bumped into a problem with my Pallet Forks (Woods 42" PFW2242S) - They will not lock into place with the Quick Attach - The pins go halfway in, but will not go the rest of the way - looking at it, it doesn't look like they actually have sufficient room to fully insert.

My bucket attaches/detaches fine. I have not measured the gap for the SSQA holes in the Pallet Forks, haven't had time since I thought about it. I've attached some pics. I just got the tractor last Friday - I'm not opposed to taking an angle grinder to it and increasing the size of the hole but since it's brand new I'm not sure if I'm better off just reaching out to the dealer. Pics 0285, 286, 287 and 288 are with the QA lever completely unlocked, pic 290 and 291 are with it halfway down (as far as I can take it) - looking at the last two pics it appears I am just out of room, the back side of the pallet forks connection is flush with the FEL attachment side - I am not sure how I could get more of a gap to allow it to slide through.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPEG
    IMG_0280.JPEG
    2.2 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0284.JPEG
    IMG_0284.JPEG
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0285.JPEG
    IMG_0285.JPEG
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0286.JPEG
    IMG_0286.JPEG
    2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0287.JPEG
    IMG_0287.JPEG
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0288.JPEG
    IMG_0288.JPEG
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0290.JPEG
    IMG_0290.JPEG
    2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0291.JPEG
    IMG_0291.JPEG
    2.3 MB · Views: 145
   / SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach #2  
Check to make sure you don't have dirt or rocks under the top V-mount.

My pins don't go all the way through on any of my attachments. I don't think they are supposed to fill the hole. That's why the end has a tapper. I also see that your levers aren't locked. They need to go over-center to lock in.

Also make sure your mount is not bent.

/ SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach
Thank you much.

Yes, it's been cleared of any debris (but I will double check the entire thing, most of my focus was on the forks and where ti attaches there) - they are definitely not secured as the forks will pop off (I mean the entire thing, not just the two tines) if there's any upwards pressure from the ground.

Thanks again, will poke and I guess give the dealer a call. Maybe I'm being an idiot, he's close enough he can probably swing by and show me worst-case.

/ SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach #4  
Skid steer implements aren’t the most precise things ever built. It probably just needs ground out a little bit.

/ SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach #7  
The pins are tapered for a reason and are not suppose to go all the down past the slots in the implement. Mine only go about 1/2 way on my forks and bucket, and about 1/3 on my grapple.

The levers are also not 'locked' over-center. Keep pushing hard on the levers until they lock over-center. They should be facing ~40* down, not up like they are. If they are so hard to lock that you need to stand on them, you can shave a little bit from the slots on the forks until they go over with a firm quick push. Little bit at a time then check.

I had to shave my grapple and I still need to literally push the levers with my foot to go over-center. My forks and bucket lock with a firm grunt.

/ SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach #9  
Hi all,

So I bought a Kioti CK2610, which I have been loving so far - just coming up on 10 hours now.

However I've bumped into a problem with my Pallet Forks (Woods 42" PFW2242S) - They will not lock into place with the Quick Attach - The pins go halfway in, but will not go the rest of the way - looking at it, it doesn't look like they actually have sufficient room to fully insert.

My bucket attaches/detaches fine. I have not measured the gap for the SSQA holes in the Pallet Forks, haven't had time since I thought about it. I've attached some pics. I just got the tractor last Friday - I'm not opposed to taking an angle grinder to it and increasing the size of the hole but since it's brand new I'm not sure if I'm better off just reaching out to the dealer. Pics 0285, 286, 287 and 288 are with the QA lever completely unlocked, pic 290 and 291 are with it halfway down (as far as I can take it) - looking at the last two pics it appears I am just out of room, the back side of the pallet forks connection is flush with the FEL attachment side - I am not sure how I could get more of a gap to allow it to slide through.

Thanks all!
I had exact same situation when I recently purchased an RK25 and tried to use my Titan brand forks. Just wouldn't fit. I checked around and to my surprise
all SSQA are not exactly to same standard. Some are slightly different. I had to grind about 3/8 inch more room in the receiving holes of the forks, a little black paint and all is good. I had plenty of material to grind so you might have to make sure about that. However, If the tractor and forks are same brand that does seem odd.. Most likely an easy fix if you don't mind a little grinding.

/ SSQA Pallet Forks won't Attach
The pins are tapered for a reason and are not suppose to go all the down past the slots in the implement. Mine only go about 1/2 way on my forks and bucket, and about 1/3 on my grapple.

The levers are also not 'locked' over-center. Keep pushing hard on the levers until they lock over-center. They should be facing ~40* down, not up like they are. If they are so hard to lock that you need to stand on them, you can shave a little bit from the slots on the forks until they go over with a firm quick push. Little bit at a time then check.

I had to shave my grapple and I still need to literally push the levers with my foot to go over-center. My forks and bucket lock with a firm grunt.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I think I'll need to start grinding things down, I actually hopped up and put most of my weight on one of the levers and there was no further play past where it got to. When I attach my bucket, the levers are as you described (facing directly in slightly downwards), just not the forks.