SSBmanuals

/ SSBmanuals #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone else had any experience with the SSB Tractor Manuals? I bought one for my 1972 IH3444 and I got a photocopied manual for basicly IH farm tractors B214, B244. Nothing remotely resembled my industrial tractor front end. The photocopied pictures were not as clear as they could be, as in a quality photocopy. There was possibly some useful data, but none of it was directly oriented to the IH3444. I payed $60 bucks for the manual, it's about 500 pages, but not directly about the 3444. The section on the backhoes may come in handy, but other than that and a few technical issues concerning the hydralic pumps, and cylinders I feel that the manual is overpriced. With insurance and shipping the total was almost $70. I wish I had gone to the dealer and bought an over the counter correct manual.

/ SSBmanuals #2  
I ordered one for my Kubota L345. Figured it was probably going to be a photocopy when they said it would take 3 weeks. It was mailed to my in-laws, where the tractor is living for the time being. I'm going down this weekend, and I'll give you my impressions after I read through it. Your report is not very encouraging, though. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

I just double checked, and I ordered the service manual from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ytmag.com/manuals.htm>Yesterday's Tractors</A>, not SSB. I'll still give you an opinion next week, just on a different vendor.