squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #1  

ihookem

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota 7510 hst
I have a Kubota b7510 hst and After about 20 min of running I get a squeeling sound when in reverse and to some degree it also makes this low pitch squeel in forward. It only happens in winter. It only did this once in summer. Has this happened to anyone else? I changed the fluids and filter last fall with Super udt thinking this would help. It didn't. Also, I would like to know if anyone has used Amsoil tractor hydraulic /transmission oil in sae 5w30. I hope it would solve the problem since it's synthetic fluid. Any advise or experiences with this problem or this Amsoil product would be appreciated. Thanks, ihookem.

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #2  
This problem has been reported in the New Holland forums and has to do with cold (thick) hyd fluid. NH offers a synthetic hyd fluid for use in cold climates, but any syn fluid will work many have used the Amsoil fluid to solve the problem.

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst
I found out from my Amsoil dealer that it's a pressure relief valve. It still does it with Amsoil but not as much.

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #4  
i have a 7510 hst unit also...it squeels in cold weather also (pushing snow), but only i foward high range and moving at a good speed. and it's loud, no problem hearing it over the engine at 2200 rpm. slowly slow down the tracor and the squeeling change sound till it stops at about zero speed. start up again, it may or many not start the squeeling again. after about 3-5 minute of intermitent squeeling, it will stop. It does not make this noise at first, it takes 5 to 10 minutes of operation. i also let the tractor warm up for 5 -10 minutes before starting to push. So, it sound like it could be a viscosity/temperature of the fluid causing this noise (vibration of the relief valve). BTW, it done this since new, three winters to date. When i talk with my Kubota dealer about this noise...i get the deer in the headlight look! Sure, bring it in, will look at it...the result...we did not here anything. if this is true about the the relief valve/oil...someone needs to tell Kubota! or then know and just are not fessing up! now thinking about this...is the problem the oil? or really the relief valve...my guess is not all 7510 HST units have this problem!

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #5  
Normally when we find this someone has tried to increase the pressures in the tractor for better performance.

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #7  
   / squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst
And it is still squeeling. Now days I ignore it cause it has been doing it for so long.

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #9  
Mine has done that since I bought it at 95 hours and has over 500 on it now. It's more pronounced when cold and goes away almost entirely when warmed up in summer so I chalked it up to a pressure relief and never gave it much more thought. Incidentally, I get it at high travel speed but not when pushing at low speed, even in the cold.

/ squeeling sound with Kubota 7510 hst #10  
Have you checked the sump screen?