Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95 #1  

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40 DA, Deere 17D, Hyster SX50 forklift, Case D450, Kubota ZD1011-54, International Dump Truck, Kubota SVL-952S, Volovo EC250DL
I've got a Kubota SVL95-2S that is squeaking/squealing from something in the right side undercarriage. I can't find any grease points there to grease anything and don't see anything obviously wrong but, I haven't disassembled anything on it either, taking the covers and stuff off does not look like a small job. Every now and again, it'll hesitate when starting from a stop moving towards the left so, it's as if that right side is having some trouble. I don't have any idea what the issue is, I don't have anyone to listen to it while I run it to help me pinpoint where the sound is coming from. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any ideas on where to start? I'd rather not take it in to the dealer if it can be avoided but, if I can't figure this out I won't have much choice. I'm sure I'm tearing something up by continuing to run it.

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95 #2  
Could be a bogey wheel, the small wheels in the middle of the track between the sprocket and idler wheel. These support the machine, spreading out the weight of the machine onto the track. If a bogey wheel has a bad bearing it could be what you are hearing and a locked bogey bearing would produce drag, creating the problems you describe.

To check you must jack the machine up so the tracks clear the ground. Please use wood blocking as concrete block can crumble, causing a 10,000 lb. machine to fall on you. Once you have it jacked up and supported with wood cribbing, use your hand to check the bogey wheels to see if the rotate freely or have wobble. If they are froze or they have lost the bearings, you will have to remove the affected wheel and replace the bogey or if possible the bearings. Your Kubota dealer should be able to get the bogeys or bearings.

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95
I picked it up with the forks to check them, one of them has substantially more resistance than the others so, I guess that could be it. I can turn it be hand but, not easily. I think I'll take it in and let the dealer deal with it, I find CTLs to be an absolute pain to work on. It looks like the track is going to need to be significantly slacked at a minimum, if not completely removed.

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95 #4  
Sounds like you found the problem. The tracks are just like a dozer you tension them with a grease gun. There is a bleeder to let out grease and slack the track. There is a small cover on the side of the top of the frame. Remove the bolts to access the the bleeder and the zerk to tighten them back up.
Not a terrible job but doable if you have any wrench skills. Don't know how old your machine is but it is possibly a warranty job. Good luck!

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95 #5  
I've got a Kubota SVL95-2S that is squeaking/squealing from something in the right side undercarriage. I can't find any grease points there to grease anything and don't see anything obviously wrong but, I haven't disassembled anything on it either, taking the covers and stuff off does not look like a small job. Every now and again, it'll hesitate when starting from a stop moving towards the left so, it's as if that right side is having some trouble. I don't have any idea what the issue is, I don't have anyone to listen to it while I run it to help me pinpoint where the sound is coming from. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any ideas on where to start? I'd rather not take it in to the dealer if it can be avoided but, if I can't figure this out I won't have much choice. I'm sure I'm tearing something up by continuing to run it.
Hi STx
I'm having the same issue with my svl75-2. Was the bogey wheel the problem? Mine sounds like it might be the rear idler. It's not a constant squeel though. It seems to be when starting to roll forward and when slowing to a stop. Anyway thanks and hope you got yours fixed.

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95
Hi STx
I'm having the same issue with my svl75-2. Was the bogey wheel the problem? Mine sounds like it might be the rear idler. It's not a constant squeel though. It seems to be when starting to roll forward and when slowing to a stop. Anyway thanks and hope you got yours fixed.
I traded it on a cab machine so I can't say for sure. The place that took it said the idler is a common issue and that was probably the problem.

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95 #7  
Thanks, I appreciate your time.

/ Squeaking/squealing coming from undercarriage - Kubota SVL95 #8  
Kick that rat out he ain't paying rent!

Try spraying WD40 in the area's where the squeaking is
coming from, just do one thing at a time and you should
be able to find the squeak

willy