Squatter's rights;

/ Squatter's rights; #51  
And both walked away well paid I would think.
I forget exactly, but I think we got out of that one for around $1k including the surveyor, so pretty decent really. The kids selling later gave me Jack's old hay wagon so maybe I broke even?;) I think in hindsight they appreciated a non confrontational approach?
So far I haven't been burnt trying to come to mutual agreements with stuff like this, seems most people just want get a reasonable solution and move on with life.

/ Squatter's rights; #52  
After reading this thread if I was giving someone permission to do anything on my land it would be in writing to avoid amnesia from potential squatters.

Given the legal ramifications of someone getting hurt on your land I would never give someone permission to be on my land.
I respect your decision. I have guests on my farm regularly. Sometimes as many as 40 people. I never worry about it.

/ Squatter's rights; #53  
I respect your decision. I have guests on my farm regularly. Sometimes as many as 40 people. I never worry about it.
I should have qualified with "never give someone permission to hunt or fish on my land unless a family member".

Wow. You have 40 friends? :unsure:

I barely have 4 not counting my kids. :ROFLMAO:

/ Squatter's rights; #54  
Squatter's Rights SUCK!
I owned a house that I let a destitute brother (otherwise known to be totally lazy and never found just the 'right job') and his family live in it rent free. Tax bills went to the address and they paid it. After 8 years - THEY declared ownership due to abandonment - got it.

Lesson Learned: I lost the ownership of the house. My bad.

/ Squatter's rights; #55  
Squatter's Rights SUCK!
I owned a house that I let a destitute brother (otherwise known to be totally lazy and never found just the 'right job') and his family live in it rent free. Tax bills went to the address and they paid it. After 8 years - THEY declared ownership due to abandonment - got it.

Lesson Learned: I lost the ownership of the house. My bad.
Brother would have probably ended up with a busted nose a swift kick to the goulies. Then I probably wouldn't have anything to do with them ever again.

/ Squatter's rights; #56  
I bought 20 acres in Oregon and built a house and buildings on it.
It turned out the neighbor had built his shop on 5 acres of our property 150' x 1650' long.
They had been there since the 40s, so I deeded it to them. No questions asked.. They were very nice Christian people and neighbors.

Sometimes you just have to play with the cards your dealt..

/ Squatter's rights; #57  
Each State has different laws. I recommend that if you are, or might be, a party to a squatters dispute, you familiarize yourself with those rules and laws. Or better yet, don't get into the situation by understand the situation first.

Here's my State's laws in brief --

/ Squatter's rights; #58  
I should have qualified with "never give someone permission to hunt or fish on my land unless a family member".

Wow. You have 40 friends? :unsure:

I barely have 4 not counting my kids. :ROFLMAO:
You need to be a nicer guy maybe. 😁