Spring fever

/ Spring fever #1  

Solo

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer2030
It seems that every year around this time, I get the itch to run my Gravely. I haven't used since October. I really don't need a snow blower, and I have a blade but I really don't need it either. What I need is the grass to start growing! Does anyone else feel this way.

Solo

/ Spring fever #2  
Grass, snow I'll take either one,,,,,, but truth be told I'd rather have the grass.

/ Spring fever #3  
Its that lull time of year almost up here...hardly any snow to work w/2 plus months before mowing...ahhh shucks we go thru it each year.

/ Spring fever #4  
Me? I can't wait for the smell of freshly tilled soil and the wait for vegetables from the garden...

/ Spring fever #5  
I just tilled up my garden yesterday. It is a great feeling getting the dust off the BCS.

/ Spring fever #6  
I won't be plowing the garden in this part of the woods for a few more weeks, so I just sit at night with a collection of seed catalogs and graph paper...

This year I am going to expand my garden to 75'x175'. That's almost twice the size it was last year. I have found a BCS for sale locally, it is a little bit out of my price range but it comes with plenty of attachments (26 tiller/plow, 30 tiller 30 sickle, and 30 brush mower). If I am not able to buy one before April I'll just rent the 712 from my local ACE Hardware. I have a local farmer lined up to plow and disc the area first. Then comes rock removal....

Aesanders, I didn't see any pictures of your garden in the link in your sig...(hint)

Last edited:
   / Spring fever #7  
Yea, no gardening here for at least another 6 to 8 weeks,,, still have snow, or should I call it ice on the ground. But I did use the 2 wheeler and the old squareshoot to blow the drain ditch out since they were calling for alot of rain.

/ Spring fever #8  
Spring starts to come up here than we get 14 more inches of snow with more on the way. The fields were all bare and I could see the large garden plot but not anymore.The kubota is only used for snow removal and bringing in the wood for now,the kubota and bcs are just waiting to get in the garden and so am I. I am mostly retired now so spring time and the garden are a true joy for sure.

/ Spring fever
I finally got to put on the 30'' mower to cut some brush. Last week, the weather wasn't to bad. Now it's almost time to put on the 40 mower for the grass.

Solo

/ Spring fever
Time for the garden. 30" tiller pics.

Attachments

• 100_1360 (Small).JPG
    100_1360 (Small).JPG
    99 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_1361 (Small).JPG
    100_1361 (Small).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 231