Splitter Wars 2020

/ Splitter Wars 2020 #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Splitter Wars is a collaboration between 8 YouTubers. There are 7 different types of splitters and a maul. This is not a competition. It is a demonstration of different types of splitters. Hopefully this will help people figure out what kind of splitter they need.

Here is the line up:
Splitting maul
Brave Dual Split
Wolfe Ridge 28 Pro
Eastonmade 12-22
Homemade Box Wedge
Splitfire 3403
Homemade Tractor PTO powered 44GPM pump
Split Second Kinetic

The Rules:
Split a facecord/ 1/3 cord of wood
The wood has to be a hardwood
The wood should be 12-15'' in diameter and 16'' in length

Here is the playlist of all of our videos:

Splitter Wars 22 - YouTube

/ Splitter Wars 2020 #2  
Good videos. I like the Eastonmade or the Homemade w/44gpm. We don't need the speed now so we run a Speeco (bigger pump version) and the wife runs the lever while I load logs. Works great for us at a steady speed without being too fast.

I always thought this was a interesting design:

Flywheel Wood Splitter - YouTube

/ Splitter Wars 2020
Good videos. I like the Eastonmade or the Homemade w/44gpm. We don't need the speed now so we run a Speeco (bigger pump version) and the wife runs the lever while I load logs. Works great for us at a steady speed without being too fast.

I always thought this was a interesting design:

Flywheel Wood Splitter - YouTube

Yeah those both nice. I wonder how well a flywheel wood splitter would work on a larger round.

Pretty interesting.

Thanks!

/ Splitter Wars 2020 #5  
Thanks for taking the time to organize this production. I'd never seen a box wedge splitter in action and I found it very interesting. Well done everyone!

/ Splitter Wars 2020 #6  
This was perfect timing, I just had 8 cord of logs delivered and I need to get them cut and split before the end of the month.

/ Splitter Wars 2020 #7  
I watched them all. I have a Speeco 15 ton splitter. I paid around $750 for it about 15 years ago. Kind of cheap one but serves me well. I wish it had a taller wedge because it will split anything I’ve put on it. Some good ideas are shown also for handling wood.

/ Splitter Wars 2020
Thanks for taking the time to organize this production. I'd never seen a box wedge splitter in action and I found it very interesting. Well done everyone!

Your welcome thanks for watching!

This was perfect timing, I just had 8 cord of logs delivered and I need to get them cut and split before the end of the month.

That will keep you busy for a couple of hours.

I watched them all. I have a Speeco 15 ton splitter. I paid around $750 for it about 15 years ago. Kind of cheap one but serves me well. I wish it had a taller wedge because it will split anything I’ve put on it. Some good ideas are shown also for handling wood.

Thanks for watching them! If you are just doing a little wood for yourself, there is not need to by an expensive splitter.