Spiked wheels from BCS America

/ Spiked wheels from BCS America #1  

Maine Hills

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 BCS 749 Kubota RTV X1120
BCS America is now listing spike wheels for working on very steep slopes BCS America

Earth Tools also shows spiked wheels on their revamped website Earth Tools

/ Spiked wheels from BCS America #2  
Interesting. However, the price would keep me off steep slopes and I really don't want to be anywhere that these would be required on my tractor. Looks like something right out of one of those dungeons & dragons games. Or those wheels that are used on compactors found at garbage dumps.

/ Spiked wheels from BCS America #3  
Those wheel types may be pretty common in some parts of Europe.there are some pretty sophisticated two wheel tractors for mountain slopes.

/ Spiked wheels from BCS America #4  
I really wonder how much the subsidies over here (EU) drive the development of some of the equipment. Per hectare, whatever agricultural thing you do*, you get 135€/year, and then another 70-something if you do it in an ecological mindful way. Then there are all sorts of extra payments on top of that-- I suppose even for mountainous regions (we live in just slightly hilly area above the Pannonian basin, so I haven't looked in to that). I wonder otherwise how these top of the line walk behind bar mowers pay for themselves.

* Almost half of the EU budget goes to agricultural subsidies.

/ Spiked wheels from BCS America #5  
I'd be sceered to just WALK on that hillside without being tied off to something! :eek:
steel-cage-super-bite_thumb.JPG

That's amazing.

/ Spiked wheels from BCS America #6  
The cream of the crop is Brielmaier -- they came up with the spiked wheels and make them for other companies.
Here is one used-- 24K€ with a 2.35m (7 1/2 foot) double action cutter bar.
Brielmaier 27 Ps, € 24.000,- (6283 Hainzenberg) - willhaben
The whole machine is electronic controls controlling hydraulics-- it can be controlled by remote, and two machines can likewise drive one cutter bar in tandem. One German company made a test between their tandem model and a tractor:
Brielmaier Motormaher - Duo 6
3-4 hectares / hour-- that is 7 - 10 acres per hour, and you get a good work out while doing it!
I'd love to have one of these, but I haven't got 24000 €, and don't live with Alpine hills! :)

Last edited: