Southern VA lot - What to do

/ Southern VA lot - What to do
here's a house plan I drew, and how it would sit on the land.
I have not walked up in the woods, just a little way in. Maybe I could clear a spot up there.

Attachments

• 20221010_132118__VA_wl-Lot_.JPEG
    20221010_132118__VA_wl-Lot_.JPEG
    109.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 20221010_133304__VA_wl-Lot_.JPEG
    20221010_133304__VA_wl-Lot_.JPEG
    260.6 KB · Views: 111
   / Southern VA lot - What to do #12  
Yep. I like. :cool:

/ Southern VA lot - What to do
Thomas, it came with critters...

Attachments

• 20220915_142340__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    20220915_142340__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 122
  • 20220915_134952__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    20220915_134952__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_8423.JPG
    IMG_8423.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 128
   / Southern VA lot - What to do #14  
Well, it's too cold up there for my Bride, so I guess I will just watch this post from afar! Looks like a nice patch of ground!
David from jax

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #16  
Nice piece of land there! I like your idea of siting it higher and in the woods. Would that 40' higher provide better views?

The only downside is cost of utilities and driveway, and maybe a new septic perk test.

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #17  
here's a house plan I drew, and how it would sit on the land.
I have not walked up in the woods, just a little way in. Maybe I could clear a spot up there.
That would be very functional. Personally, I'd switch the garage door to one wide one VS two narrow ones. Only because every so often I need to get something a bit wider into the garage, or I'd like to get the vehicle in the middle to open the doors all the way to vacuum, wash, etc. There are a lot of architectural tricks you can do to make it look like two doors if that's the look you're after.

Exciting times to buy a chunk of land. Good luck and enjoy it. (y)

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #18  
Looks like a beautiful piece of property and a well laid out plan. (y)

My questions would be, how long is the private road and who maintains it? Is there a POA and how is the ROW worded in the deeds?

I can tell you from personal experience that situations like this can become a nightmare with the wrong kind of neighbors involved.

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #19  
Thomas, it came with critters...
That's something similar with our lot as well. Our property has boulevards for deer.

At our last property our shepherd had a doe that would hop the fence and hang out with her.

I've been wondering if it will be similar on this property.

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #20  
Urban Deer don't seem to be afraid of much involving humans. Country Deer are taught to be afraid of humans by loud bangs and whizzing bullets. We don't hunt our 150 acres. Deer eat my wife's flowers in the yard. :)