Southern VA lot - What to do

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
Last fall I bought 7+ acres in southern VA near Roanoke. Decided to start a new thread dedicated to it. lot is mostly wooded, with nice open slightly sloping field. The woods has a hill, with about a 40ft rise. The land has a conventional perc. Our first goal was to build a small cabin for visits, but we have not decided exactly what we want. A pic showing overhead from google.

Attachments

• IMG_8437.JPG
    IMG_8437.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 280

Attachments

• 20220916_212944_lot2.png
    20220916_212944_lot2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
   / Southern VA lot - What to do #2  
Definitely following this adventure!!!! :cool:

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #5  
A good start.

/ Southern VA lot - What to do
I got it at a decent price paying cash, so it's paid for. Couple pictures from last year. Cabin or house will go about where this picture is taken from.

Land was originally part of the parcel where the house is next door. Previous owner bought it from an estate, fixed up the house that was in bad shape, subdivided off this part and perc'd this lot.
Am taking the BX23 down next week to mow for first time. I need to get gravel driveway in. The road back to the various lots is a private road, everyone has deeded access. Most landowners have been there forever, but a new person in the house next door that just sold as part of this subdivide. I have talked to 3 neighbors, 2 were really nice. when we were there a couple weeks ago, a couple neighbors stopped to see if everything was all right (checking up on who we were, lol) so we introduced ourselves.

Attachments

• 20221022_130043__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    20221022_130043__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 109
  • 20221022_130041__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    20221022_130041__VA_wl-Lot_.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 113
   / Southern VA lot - What to do
A good start.
Where about in Ohio? our farm in in SE ohio. I'm also trying to buy my grandfather's farm in Ohio, buying this land might have messed that up.

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #8  
The 40 next to me just sold to a 50 something year old from Florida. I met him and his Dad yesterday. Opportunity came when I saw them with their heads under the open hood of his truck. They were checking fuses because it wouldn't start. I said turn the key on. When he did everything clicked and heater fan started running. Said you don't have a blown fuse, I think the truck doesn't realize it's in park. Take it out of park and reshift into park with attitude. He did and it cranked right up. So I think we are getting off to a good start. :)

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #9  
Where about in Ohio? our farm in in SE ohio. I'm also trying to buy my grandfather's farm in Ohio, buying this land might have messed that up.
I am a transplant from Illinois, I live in summit County on the Medina county border. I continue to look for ground to buy here.

/ Southern VA lot - What to do #10  
Log cabin kit 2 bedroom with cover porch 1/2 way up the slope. :)