Box Scraper Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper?

/ Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper? #11  
Screenshot_20201102-113551_Chrome.jpg

/ Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper? #12  
I think most will say land pride. I have bush hog myself. I didnt go with the cheaper versions you can get at the local ace hardwares like the the county line brand b/c i thought the tines wouldn't be as durable. in all honesty the only reason i went with bush hog is b/c i got a good deal on them. Any good name brand in the attachment arena is going to be solid. Dont over thing it

/ Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper? #13  
So getting ready to pull the trigger on a new box scrapper. I’m looking at the 35 series of Land Pride and Southern’s HD version. The southern is 1/2 the price of the Land Pride. Is the Land Pride that much better? Also I need 78-80” if I want to cover my tracks. I want to cover my tracks correct? I’m just trying to smooth dirt and level / smooth out roads.

This will go behind my 70hp Kubota M7060.

Thanks,
I have a Land Pride BB3584 I used it behind a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] M7060, now I use it behind my M5-091, it's a very good product.

Attachments

• Phone Pics 094.jpg
    Phone Pics 094.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 55
   / Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper? #14  
I have a Titan, no complaints, very strong and heavy for less than 1/2 price.
Also, for just road maintenance I would consider land plane/leveler with scarefires. A little more expensive but for maintenance it is better IMO.
My .02 cents

/ Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper? #15  
So getting ready to pull the trigger on a new box scrapper. I’m looking at the 35 series of Land Pride and Southern’s HD version. The southern is 1/2 the price of the Land Pride. Is the Land Pride that much better? Also I need 78-80” if I want to cover my tracks. I want to cover my tracks correct? I’m just trying to smooth dirt and level / smooth out roads.

This will go behind my 70hp Kubota M7060.

Thanks,
I have both a 72" Frontier box scraper and a 48" Land Pride land plane. Both are built very well. I used the box scraper for years to maintain my driveway. Once I bought the land plane, I almost never use the box scraper anymore. I found the land plane is a far superior tool for grading my driveway.

If you want to pull gravel and spread it, then the box scraper would be a better choice for sure. I'm sure I'll hear from the folks that say that they can do just as good of a job with a box scraper. Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, I'm happy for you all.

This was my drive after winter. After she dried up, this was just a few passes with the land plane. I did not add any fill.

Just giving you options to consider.
Dave

20220420_180529s.jpg
20220430_154832s.jpg

/ Southern Brand vs Land Pride vs Other box scrapper? #16  
Another vote for Landpride. You want to cover your tracks if you need to get up to the edge of a limit like a fence or a recessed road bed. Also goog if you are finish grading to fill and wipe out tire tracks.