Source of used grapples

/ Source of used grapples #1  

pmmully

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L48 TLB
I would like to get an EA Wicked 55" but the price is way up there. I need to find a suitable used one for my L48. I had the dealer looking at auction but he could not put his hands on one.

What are the sources for these things?

/ Source of used grapples #2  
Facebook marketplace or CL would be good places to look. I have been looking for grapple forks for a while. Came close a few times, but usually seller is too far away to make it worthwhile.
I found a used version of what I am looking for, but it’s a 400 mile round trip. With the price of fuel up 50% or more, it’s no longer worth the travel to get it.
Man I miss those low fuel prices......

Last edited:
   / Source of used grapples #3  
L48 loader's linkage is great for rolling onto a pile. Hope you find an ok deal - you'll like having one. Third fn valve can go in a handy spot.

Attachments

• L48 grapple zoom.jpg
    L48 grapple zoom.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
   / Source of used grapples #4  
Here’s the one I really want. 4 hour drive each way on crap roads

1619987981537.jpeg

1619970512892.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Source of used grapples #5  
   / Source of used grapples
Agi supply has a "standard" Kodiak for 1800, new price.

I am looking for a general purpose, has to have rake, 8-12 tines. Also, the bucket approach does not allow long things, grapple is open on the sides. I did see a "rachet rake" that actually does pretty well for minor clearing.

I found a few others on FB, they look like the EA copies. About 2100-2500.

/ Source of used grapples #9  
...Also, the bucket approach does not allow long things, grapple is open on the sides...
Sorry no photos since I can't find my f-ing camera but with a tooth bar, bucket and a bolt on grapple, chit can be sticking out both sides so you can not even see the tractor (or where you are driving once in the seat). I normally will grab about 16 foot logs (I can pick up longer logs but I just bump into too many things...)

Granted, your L48 would be able to handle a great deal more weight than my little L2800 but you can grab very long logs with the bolt on bucket grapples AND a Tooth Bar! Just not very many at the same time... but what would I expect from a $350 used grapple? (ps. got it from a member on TBN) Bonus, he was less than an hour down the road. Nice drive into the county.

/ Source of used grapples #10  
I hope you find a good deal. Around this part of the country - "used implement" is a forgotten word. I gave up looking about 30 years ago. My Land Pride SGC1560 with WR Long third function valving.
IMG_0011.jpeg