Source for Parking Lot Lights

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I have three Ledmo LED Parking lot lights that where great while they worked, but they only last a few years before dying. I've replaced the sensor on top without any improvement. They sort of die like a fluorescent light does. The amount of light they put out drops dramatically, then it's just a faint glow for a few days until it's totally dead.

This is what I've bought.

I've been looking on Amazon, but not seeing anything that I want to buy. I'm not wasting my money on any more of the same thing.

Is there another website that you have used that provided a good quality parking lot light?

Thank you,
Eddie

124091139_10224394683477361_4369789785813033861_o.jpg

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #2  
Eddie,

I have used this company for many LED lights.

The one and only time I had a problem was when I bought 3 LED fixtures and one of them died. They sent me 3 replacement fixtures.

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #3  
I put these up for round pen lighting. Have a 7 year warranty. IME, the electronic driver boards go bad before the anything else in an led fixture.

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #4  
I put up a few LED Ring smart flood lights ~5 years ago, motion activated. So far so good. In the past my motion lights lasted 2 - 3 years. The Ring lights are moderately expensive, (under $100). They are easy to install and program.

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #5  
I have three led area lights from Torchstar, they are on Amazon. They've been a great light, installed in 2021. They are dusk till dawn, and $39 right now.

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #6  
I hate to say it, but you get what you pay for. I installed lots of led parking lot lights and there still going strong after many years. But i only install name brands like Lithonia, cooper lighting, etc. if you already have the poles, any main line industrial supplier can supply a head. You should check out you electrical supply houses. No contractor is going to supply a fixture that burns out in a year.

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #7  
Did you try the warranty ?
UNLIMIYED 5-YEAR WARRANTY& Professional Service - LEDMO promises that all Areas led shoebox light are returned free of charge within 30 days, and provides 5 years reliable warranty. LEDMO insists on putting products and customers first!

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights
Did you try the warranty ?
No, I didn't. If I'm going through the effort of removing them, I'm not going to install the same thing again.

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #9  
+1 on name brand from a supply house. I think that you get what you pay for. Early on, I installed some cheap LED floodlights that died in six months. I have since switched to name brands. For me, changing an outdoor light isn't like changing a bulb in a table lamp.

I rewired the warranty replacement fixtures to use as lighting around the shop/barn, where they would be easy to repair...

Good luck!

All the best,

Peter

/ Source for Parking Lot Lights #10  
Does your power company have something like mine?
For $3 to $5 a month rent, they will set a pole with a 6000 lumens light and fix or replace any part of it that stops working.