Flail Mower Source for Flail mower blades replacement

/ Source for Flail mower blades replacement #11  
From experience, you'll want hammer knives for what you doing.

Y-grass knives are for what they say... grass. From mowing a regular lawn to tall grasses and very minor 1/2" or less saplings.

While it's more of a pain, I prefer bolts to hold the knives in.

/ Source for Flail mower blades replacement #13  
Flail - Master has a catalog you can download.

Flail Master

I bought two sets a Y flails from them couple of years ago and they had excellent pricing & service.

Would you please fill your profile info for location etc. so members can assist better?
updated sir, thanks

/ Source for Flail mower blades replacement #14  
Absolutely NOT!! these mowers will not accept a cast hammer knife of any type.

If you are not ready to buy a flail shredder with cast hammers Like a 60 inch DEL MORINO or MASCHIO Crop, orchard and vineyard shredder
sized properly for your current mule you should invest in new side slicer knives, cotter pins and cotter bolts.

Buy the cotter bolts and cotter pins in bulk bags and boxes from Fastenal, McMaster Carr or W.W. Grainger and compare prices.

Buy a good cotter pin pulling tool from Snap-On or Mac tools and a very long needle nose plier to bend them as you only need to bend one leg of the cotter pin.

/ Source for Flail mower blades replacement #15  
I just wanted to bring an update- based on the advice here, I contacted Flailmaster and they were absolutely dead-on helpful. I ordered 125 HD forged knives M-108381 from them, and also 100ea grade 8 7/16-20x3-1/4” cap screws and lock nuts.

What a difference in capacity the HD forged knives made. they’re more than double the thickness as the heaviest stamped knives (.1015”) at .2225”Working to tame some heavy overgrowth that included many sweetgums, I havent lost a pin, shackle or knife since mid-july.

I had to take a break to reinforce the rusted front tube support, and decided to repaint while I was at it. I am not a pro welder or painter by any stretch of imagination, but the weld held and the paint looks great from the highway.

if anyone has a stencil for the alamo logo, or a link to vendor who does, I’d like to add it back to the new yellow beast:)

thanks all,

brett

Attachments

• IMG_3459.jpeg
    IMG_3459.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3827.jpeg
    IMG_3827.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3829.jpeg
    IMG_3829.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3828.jpeg
    IMG_3828.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 71302804992__6549614D-F335-482C-BCAD-C77FE7AFA0AA.jpeg
    71302804992__6549614D-F335-482C-BCAD-C77FE7AFA0AA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3840.jpeg
    IMG_3840.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3839.jpeg
    IMG_3839.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3874.jpeg
    IMG_3874.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
   / Source for Flail mower blades replacement #16  
Contact ALAMO customer support, that is what I did and they put me right on to a source for the decals.

/ Source for Flail mower blades replacement #17  
Hardhitter.com Good prices and only source I can find for Loftness flails (other than overpriced dealer reps)
I get ALL my Disc Mower blades as well as my Flail and shredder blades from Stroup Manufacturing and replacement parts in (I think, Matoon, Illinois). The do a print catalog (still old school) as well as online. Fast shipping plus they are also farmers and I like dealing with farmers, anyway.

If you call or email them you are dealing with one of the family, they don't have any employees other than family that I know of. Nice folks too. They understand the needs of the American Farmer.