3-Point Hitch Sorry another logsplitter question

/ Sorry another logsplitter question #21  
Go with your PB and get a Splitfire 3PH splitter. They are made like tanks and you get to split both ways like the NT splitter and I gauranty you it is much better and more robust. The link is for the smaller unit.

Split-Fire Sales Inc. :: 2203 Woodsplitter :: Quality Built. High Performance. Split-Fire - Your Best Choice

Model 2203
Frame5" x 5" steel tubeOverall Width34"
Log Capacity18"?0" diameterOverall Length71"
Tonnage16 tons @ 2700 psiOverall Height18"
Production Volume50 cord per year or lessWeight240 lbs
Cycle SpeedGoverned by Tractor VolumeBed Height3 Pt. Hitch Raise/Lower
Power Source3Pt. Hitch Tractor Mount
Includes 5 of hose
Knife Height (+/- 1/4")8"
PumpTractor Pump DisplacementCylinder Size2.75" x 24"
ReservoirTractorHydraulic Flow4 gpm 11 gpm
Stroke Length24"Quick ConnectsNot Included

2203.png

/ Sorry another logsplitter question #22  
I saw everything except the price.

/ Sorry another logsplitter question
Just got done talking to the factory rep they recommend the bigger one 3203 because the cylinder is bigger and the lower flow would work better on my tractor cost of $999 for 2203, $1106 for 3203 however the shippng is a killer, to my place in minnesota $385 , he said I could call up a implement dealer and maybe get it cheaper. Going to do some more research sounds and looks like a great splitter, any comments?

/ Sorry another logsplitter question #25  
I built my own splitter several years ago to use the hydraulics on my 1958-JD 520, total cost, around $200. After selling the 520 & buying an '04-790, I added a "splitter valve" & long hoses to hook up to the loader bucket connections. Nearly doubled the total cost of the splitter! Tie off the joystick to the opposite fender & use the splitter valve.

HPIM3914 (Custom).JPGHPIM3913 (Custom).JPGHPIM3912 (Custom).JPG

It's not fast, but neither am I & I work alone, so it does what I need much cheaper than a stand alone unit. And, as stated earlier, very little maintenance! As for tractor usage, that's what I have it for & I won't put enough hours on it splitting wood to make any difference in the long run!

Not the system for everybody, but it works for me! ~~ grnspot

/ Sorry another logsplitter question #26  
Just got done talking to the factory rep they recommend the bigger one 3203 because the cylinder is bigger and the lower flow would work better on my tractor cost of $999 for 2203, $1106 for 3203 however the shippng is a killer, to my place in minnesota $385 , he said I could call up a implement dealer and maybe get it cheaper. Going to do some more research sounds and looks like a great splitter, any comments?

The Splitfire is a great splitter. This is what I did when I bought a lift from them for my splitter, I had a friend who ownes a rental place (they rent tractors, skidsteers, woodsplitters etc. They work with rental places so he bought it at his cost (which is below retail) and I paid him that cost plus the shipping and he set it up to ship to my office which has a loading dock (that saves money) so the shipping was direct to my office and I got it below cost. If you have a rental place that will work with you like that it should work out pretty good.