son's ford 9n

/ son's ford 9n #1  

woody

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota ZG222, Kubota L45, 1980 Ford 1700
my son just got his late great grandfather's 9N and is tickled about it. I on the other hand have been tasked by my wife to get it running again and as our schedules very rarely work out I can't make it a bonding experience I just inherited another project. I bet Mr. Jack is smiling just knowing that his pride and joy of a tractor will have a new home and be used again.

20170526_162140.jpg20170526_162122.jpg

/ son's ford 9n #2  
Good to see a family tractor handed down. Looks to be in pretty decent shape visually...and at least parts are still readily available. Sure it will be treasured for years to come. Keep us updated on the progress!

/ son's ford 9n #3  
It does look nice. Relatively easy to work on. Even got a push / brush guard on front. Wonder if that was factory? It'll be fun.:thumbsup:

/ son's ford 9n
Back at work today so no time to work in my shop, but yesterday after letting the battery charge for an hour I tried to crank it and finally got it to run about a minute but nothing after that so it probably has a gummed up carb.

I read a story a while back about the best wife in the world, well mine calls me at work today tells me I should sell my B26 Kubota and buy a new L47. I wonder what she wants :confused:

/ son's ford 9n #6  
Tractor hand me downs are good thing,in this case Ford looks good shape and your son can learn a lot both on/off seat.

/ son's ford 9n
Tractor hand me downs are good thing,in this case Ford looks good shape and your son can learn a lot both on/off seat.

yeah, I will too because I have never worked on but one of these and I will include him every chance I get.

/ son's ford 9n #10