Sometimes you just shouldn’t.

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #11  
What I don't understand is that somebody who knew what they were doing cut the limbs up over the wire. Why didn't they finish the job? I won't even mention cutting from the wrong side of the tree. :confused: It sure did a good job of demolishing that house!

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #12  
Can someone that stupid actually be able to get a chainsaw started in the first place?

I'd say that this was a staged event if not for that other tree.

If you need to fell opposite a big canopy lean then you need to employ additional tools or methodology (topping first would have been a good idea).

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #13  
"Good thing you called us. You said you were afraid that dead tree might fall on your house and damage it so you wanted it cut down. It looks like you were absolutely right. Anyways, here's the invoice."

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #14  
I have felled plenty of big trees by pulling with a rope or cable. After he cut the wedge....why did he not back-cut it? Instead, he cut on the wedge side.....strange.

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #15  
You have to wonder whether someone paid good money to have the trees removed or if this is a homeowner in way too deep. Either way, the insurance agent is going to have a good laugh.
Insurance agent, if there is one won't laugh when telling the home owner they don't insure for this.
Probably (Obviously) not a contractor, so if any of them got hurt during there escapade the home owner would be liable for any health costs. In most states I worked in this would be considered an employee of the home owner if not licensed and bonded. Thus making the home owner take all the risk.

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #16  
Homeowner to hired crew, Good thing you are bonded.

Crew Forman : What's Bonding?

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #17  
The Farmers Insurance on TV says they have seen it all. I betcha they hadn't seen this one.

/ Sometimes you just shouldn’t. #18  
I did enjoy the urban renewal film.

Reminds me of the customer that called, his neighbor was cutting a 150’ tree, spikes and belt, got the limbs cut and tree topped, all went well, cut the top of the trunk about 50’ above the ground, cut was off just a touch, butt snapped back and right into his lap, all she wrote. Top fell onto my customer’s fence, toast.
Is it connected to house, yes. You do have coverage, but a $1,000 deductible. You could file a claim against the neighbor’s estate……

They had a picture of the tree in the news paper, next day without showing the base of the tree.