Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I ordered 2 small fittings from amazon. Shipped out real quick and arrived at my local UPS. But that’s when the fun started. Then for some reason they sent it out to Northern CA and it passes through 6 more cities before it got back to me.

Go figure.

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #2  
That happened to me last year. Can't remember what it was, but it was heading to New York, got real close, then followed it on the tracking software as it headed back out west. Think it made it here maybe ten days later.

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #3  
Yeah, UPS and tracking.
Out for delivery, that for 6 days.

Since I once lodged a complaint (4 yrs ago) I rec'd a visit from their supervisor., and he delivered a parcel.

Much to my surprise I discovered that most UPS drivers earn 'in the $75 K' range.
Now that's not peanuts!

Guess it takes all kinds.

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #4  
Much to my surprise I discovered that most UPS drivers earn 'in the $75 K' range.
Now that's not peanuts!
They make good money but you need to hustle. Every move you make is monitored and timed. Drivers hit the road when their truck is loaded, and you don't finish until the last package has been delivered. Makes for some long days, especially this time of year.
Knew a guy who worked p/t loading trucks maybe 20 years ago. He said he lost 20 lb in the first month on the job.

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #5  
I had a package coming this week, to be delivered by 7:00 PM. They never used to work that late, and I'm a bit off the beaten path. At 2:30 I was headed for an appointment when I saw him at another stop so I pulled over and asked if I could pick it up there. He seemed pretty happy for that, I saved him a 3 mile ride at the end of his long day.

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #6  
Had a Idler pulley from Amazon Prime via UPS that was due yesterday, as of 10 last night was still at their Wilmington De location. had a notification on the phone this morning that it was out for delivery in Portland over 300 miles away. Figured ok this is interesting, then it just showed up here 8 hours later.

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #7  
Had a delivery today. From COSCO for a new dishwasher.
They had advised 'between 1 PM and 4 pm!
Delivery came @ 3:00 and went very nicely.
@ about 5:pm a call asking about the quality of service.
I gave a 10+
Now that's customer service!!

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #8  
Had a delivery today. From COSCO for a new dishwasher.
They had advised 'between 1 PM and 4 pm!
Delivery came @ 3:00 and went very nicely.
@ about 5:pm a call asking about the quality of service.
I gave a 10+
Now that's customer service!!
FedEx is much worse....

/ Sometimes you gotta wonder about UPS #9  
Been a bunch of that stuff going on lately.

I got a email notification today from FedEx for a package I received 2 weeks ago.