Something not INDICATED

/ Something not INDICATED #1  

Anonymous Poster

When rewiring a TL 2300 the wire from the key switch to the solenoid enters a huge bundle on its way to the solenoid.......after connecting everything IT WOULDNT TURN OVER THE STARTER........yes it would short across the solenoid and starter and turn over and yes, it would work from the key directly to the solenoid with an independent wire......
An ohmeter lost continuity between the switch and the solenoid......WHAT THE HECK THIS IS A BRAND NEW HARNESS......take it apart....rewire the switch....check the plugs from the dash harness to the engine harness..just about ready to cut the cabling and splice around the supposed short/break......and low and behold while sittin there scratchin my head wonderin about the cable runnin down the transmission towards the rear........there is the same color code wiring as the switch/solenoid.......two wires with male and female connectors just waiting to be connected......on the old harness these were connected together right there......hmmmmmmmmm soooooooo connected them and it fired right up.......GOD is gooooood.............the point is.....this must be a universal safety/kill switch for having to be in the seat to make the starter work or something of that nature that the good ol TL doesnt have........anyway it could be useful for something I am sure......somethin YOU might want to tuck away for future reference......AND YES.......EVERYTHING WORKS .......feeeels sooooo good

/ Something not INDICATED #2  
I'm guessing clutch switch?? I got your message, I will try to call, very very bust the last few weeks. Sorry I'm not more available this time of year. Talk soon hang inthere

/ Something not INDICATED
Buck......thanks I totallllllll y understand about YOU being to busy to respond.......no, I dont think it is for the clutch.....these two key/solenoid wires emerge from the wiring harness going to the rear just about under the seat......must be some kind of seat interlock?.........ohhhhh by the way.....took off the tin under the seat to begin wiring up the rear of the tractor.........LOTS of stuff there related to the tiller controls and the switch that controls the fine control adjuster for the 3ph.........havent had time to study the wiring yet as it was getting dark......ya think I should rip it out?......I tend not to do that cause one never knows what the future will bring........take care