Some scammers just won't give up

/ Some scammers just won't give up #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
In the last 18 days, I've received 23 calls from some scammer. The numbers are spoofed in a local exchange and between xxx-8060 and 8090. Each time I block the number, they switch to a different spoofed number. I've set my phone to alert me of the spoofed numbers and I just decline the call every time. No message of course.

I'm guessing that it's computer generated, because even an idiot scammer would have figured out that I'm not answering.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #2  
We are getting hit hard also for the last month or so. Spoofed numbers, computer generated, sometimes 3 or 4 a day.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #3  
I got a few lately. 2 from the IRS with an arrest warrent issued. 1 from the FBI saying I would be arrested if I did not call about my fraudulent IRS account.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #4  
You have to wonder if your phone provider isn't complacent... I get the same things, and one that somehow, mysteriously, automatically leaves me a voice mail.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #5  
We've been getting a lot of those calls with local numbers displayed. Since the Better Half works most nights, I've been answering, and once I find out it's not a local number, I tell them to wait just a minute, lay the phone down and go on watching TV. Doesn't take them long to figure out that they've just been scammed.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #6  
We get so many marketing calls we decided to screen all of our calls. Our answering machine answers all calls on the 2nd ring but they seldom leave a message.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #7  
I got a few lately. 2 from the IRS with an arrest warrent issued. 1 from the FBI saying I would be arrested if I did not call about my fraudulent IRS account.

That one sounds familiar ,
recently have been getting a recording on the answering machine saying I have sent you several letters and called repeatedly and you don't answer I am taking legal action if you don't call back.
No letters received -and the person does not identify themselves or who they work for.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #9  
I called the local Sheriff about my calls. They said they did not handle such calls. I should call the State Attorney General, which I did. They said Thank You and that they and the FBI had a sting a few months ago in INDIA. They made several arrests. The charges were spoofing and using their name in a fraud along with a few other charges.

/ Some scammers just won't give up #10  
I don't have any of these scammer problems. Maybe because my only phone is a cell phone, my cell phone is NEVER left on, I only check for messages in the evening and my cell phone # has been registered with the Federal Do Not Call registry.