Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #1  

Ehanson

Silver Member
Tractor
S373-D
The more I think of electric power bills the more I want to look at solar install?
Anyone out there know where you could purchase panels, lets say bulk, unframed, where you could
utilize to build your own array?
I realize there is lots more to it than just the panels, but after my last months powerbill, it makes
me think about it more and more.

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #2  
You are looking at a 20 year payback.My younger sister just spent $16,400 on a solar system with no batteries @$4,000 each and needing four.So if the power grid goes down she has no power.She is 62 years old,if you are 40 or younger it may be worth while.IMHO.
I looked at building a passive solar home 30 years ago;addittional cost then was $10,000;can't imagine what it would be now.

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #4  
Payback is 20 years if you pay someone to do it, but you can do it yourself for about half price and have 10 year payback. My brother had a system installed last week and total cost after 10 years is $0. Cost him $25k up front, and MA will reimburse him $2k per year for 10 years. He no longer pays an electric bill which is another $2k per year. So he pays $25k now, get $20k back from the state and saves $20k in electricity. Not a bad investment.

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #5  
Solar Panels from Wholesale Solar This is the cheapest most extensive site here is...

I've been very happy with the solaredge technology. If you are connected the grid it's the best by far... I have 6.405kw up.

HS

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #6  
The panels can easily be bought in bulk at $200-300 each for 200-300 watt panels.

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #7  
Good website here.....surveys multiple companies, many different brands and keeps the prices pretty current:

Solar Panels - Prices

11kw installed myself, about 1/2 of it on battery backup.

The 30% Federal tax credit has been extended, it was due to run out TODAY, but is good for several more years. Assuming you pay taxes, it comes off your tax dollar for dollar (a credit, not a deduction)...so you can lop 30% right off the top of whatever you're looking at.

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #9  
I guess that's better than buying one of those fancy automatic whole house generators. At least solar pays back.........

/ Solar Panels, Has anyone got access to wholesale panels? Anyone consider installation #10  
Solar Panels from Wholesale Solar This is the cheapest most extensive site here is...

I've been very happy with the solaredge technology. If you are connected the grid it's the best by far... I have 6.405kw up.

HS

Wholesale Solar is where we got our last solar kit. About like putting a big puzzle together. We already had another array that went along with our wind mill generator. But the wind one stopped working and to fix it was going to be about half what the solar kit would be and still generate 1/16th the power so we just took the tower down and used the wiring for a new array. Wind power is so over sold. ***** should be made to refund everyone that bought into his solar is the way to go bull.