Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #242  
I heard solar farms kill bald eagles. They see their reflection in the panel and swoop down to attack the other eagle and die when they hit the panel. This cracks the panel and releases toxic gases which kill other animals.

I totally made the above statement up but it’s about as accurate as some of the other statements in this thread. There are reasons to object to solar farms but some of the stuff in this thread is a little out there.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #243  
You'd think the price of silver would be climbing higher than it is.
If you do the math on the amount of Giga watts of solar panels needed as a replacement for fossil fuels you would quickly see that we are not going to get there. Fossil fuels are needed to sustain life as we now know it.
Well, unless the population of the world is decreased somehow? As in the UN resolution called Agenda 21 and now Agenda 2030.
Some shot that has been defined as not a drug and not a vazzine ring a bell or two.

Last edited:
   / Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #244  
If you do the math on the amount of Giga watts of solar panels needed as a replacement for fossil fuels you would quickly see that we are not going to get there. Fossil fuels are needed to sustain life as we now know it.
Well, unless the population of the world is decreased somehow? As in the UN resolution called Agenda 21 and now Agenda 2030.
Some shot that has been defined as not a drug and not a vaccine ring a bell or two.
Renewables will not replace fossil fuels anytime soon, however they can be a significant source of power. In my state, renewables currently produce 32% of electricity and natural gas the rest. Within 5 years, renewables are projected to produce about 45% at the rate that new capacity is being added.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #245  
In this thread, or all threads I've contributed to concerning solar, I've never stated solar would replace fossil fuels as an energy source for all. I have stated that I was tired of paying for electricity that others produce, leaving them in control of how much I pay. I went solar because it put me in control. I did recieve a subsity to purchase, but even without it, I was eventually paying it off and making/saving money on electricity. Anyone would be stupid to not accept a subsity no strings attached. All the negative nellies on here saying without subsities, that solar doesn't make sense, are wrong when it come to indiviually owned systems like I had. Without subsities, it would have been paid off in savings in about 12 years. Then, all free electricity, except for the $20 or so monthly service charge for Eversource to "bank" my excess power and send it back to me when I needed it. I am not an abnomally in this. I've NEVER heard of a case where someone owns their system losing money.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #246  
In this thread, or all threads I've contributed to concerning solar, I've never stated solar would replace fossil fuels as an energy source for all. I have stated that I was tired of paying for electricity that others produce, leaving them in control of how much I pay. I went solar because it put me in control. I did recieve a subsity to purchase, but even without it, I was eventually paying it off and making/saving money on electricity. Anyone would be stupid to not accept a subsity no strings attached. All the negative nellies on here saying without subsities, that solar doesn't make sense, are wrong when it come to indiviually owned systems like I had. Without subsities, it would have been paid off in savings in about 12 years. Then, all free electricity, except for the $20 or so monthly service charge for Eversource to "bank" my excess power and send it back to me when I needed it. I am not an abnomally in this. I've NEVER heard of a case where someone owns their system losing money.

Apologies, I didn't explain my thoughts clearly on the bottleneck of silver and solar in that previous post.

I agree that solar will pay for itself without a subsidy, You are one of the few that I have actually seen state this.
And especially a quicker return on investment if you can DIY, as a little over half the cost is labor in the Pacific Northwest.
Just this year alone my monthly fuel bill would have averaged in the neighborhood of $500.00 a month. Burning 3 to 4 gallons of fuel per day, with the current price of fuel at $4.99/Gallon (low price of this year at the pump). It was $5.89/Gallon for a while.
My system produces 30kwh a day during the summer and about 17kwh during the winter. My pockets would be empty if I continued to use generators with the rising costs of fuel.
If I was grid tied I could also include the rising cost of electricity.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #247  
I'll be the person that says it wasn't cost effective. But thats because we had a 1 in 100 year ice storm that collapsed my system. I can either go back on grid inter-tie or dedicate it to charging an EV. Back on inter-tie will be expensive. Dedicated to EV charging will not as a stand alone system.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #248  

MAX-24-Dean

No worries, that wasn't directed at you anyways. I bought silver coins as an investment, couldve sold a little bit ago when spot was around $30. I held off, and still think it will go into mid 30's soon. But coins are tough too. I bought at $17.85 and when spot was around $30, they were selling coins for $42. Forgot what the offer was, but thinking it was $32 an ounce for coins. I passed, but it was tough.

That ice storm must have been a kick in the shorts...

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #249  
Never buy coins. Buy bars. :)

And yes, I'm still dealing with this ice storm of four years ago. Still discovering things.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #250  
I heard solar farms kill bald eagles. They see their reflection in the panel and swoop down to attack the other eagle and die when they hit the panel. This cracks the panel and releases toxic gases which kill other animals.

I totally made the above statement up but it’s about as accurate as some of the other statements in this thread. There are reasons to object to solar farms but some of the stuff in this thread is a little out there.
Dodge man, There are no toxic gases inside a solar panel.

I'd like see real evidence of solar panels killing bald eagles.

Yes, wind turbines kill plenty of birds. So does every single house cat that gets outside.