Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #211  
Ok, so we aren’t contesting the point. Glad we are past that.

I’m sure there are many of solar/wind farms continuing to add capital and take advantage of subsidies to help their bottom line. Just like any of the other available subsidies available to many industries…

We need to contest all points of converting our grid to solar & wind:

1.Subsidies
2.Foreign made infrastructure from hostile actors stealing our patents.
3.Questionable Effectiveness of solar & wind
4.Loss of American energy industry
5.Higher energy costs
6.Seizure of land
7.Use of Slave obtained minerals from Africa and exploitation of people
8.recycling of wind & solar equipment when it becomes junk in 10-15 years.

Once myself, and many others, are satisfied those conditions can be managed ethically and effectively, then you would have our attention.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.
Do you have a link to this project anywhere?

Nope, we can't even get a map. They had a huge map of the area and proposed facility that we could see at the two meetings but all we have are pictures taken by cellphone.

Some have called and asked but have never been shown the map.

RSKY

If you are talking a residential neighbor with solar panels on the roof, I’d take them.

I think what we are talking about here is a 100-1,000 acre power company owned solar farm “neighbor” with gigantic lithium battery storage which can in rare cases explode, panels that create enormous amounts of sun glare daily, a hotter micro-climate, and maintenance personnel cutting around the panels and maintaining them.

BIG difference.

And maintenance personnel spraying herbicide everywhere. The 80-acre farm some of the neighbors visited had dead, stunted growth all around it. All flowing into a living creek that seven-eight miles later flows beside a town.

Once again, none of the property involved will have the owners living close. The main land owner has already bought a house in the next county on KY Lake. The other two's homes are a mile and two miles away.

RSKY

I had a neighbor that tried to tell me what I could and couldn't do with my property.

I asked them if they were paying the mortgage.... they said no!!!!

I asked if they were paying the property taxes..... they said no!!!!

I asked if they were paying the insurance...... they said no!!!!

I then asked if they owned the property next door that they were living in...... they said no!!!!

I then said "What gives you the right to dictate a f---ing thing that goes on... on my property????"

They said "Well... we your neighbors and have to look at it" we don't like that your taking down those trees"

The trees in question was a 40"x80ft tall oak that was 3ft off the corner of my garage. The whole top of the tree would have crushed the house, plus a couple others that needed to come down to allow the tree service to get a Crane and bucket truck in to access it.

I asked them if they were gonna pay for any damages to my home if the tree came down???? I got the "well... ummm.... it's your house!!!!"

I told them "exactly.... my your f---ing buisiness"

Renters next door were som hippy slackers from California.

About 6 months later they called the sheriff on me and reported me for cruelty to animals. Said I was leaving my dogs outside all day in extreme heat without water.

Dogs had a doggy door to the sun porch which had a dedicated heat and ac unit. Water bowl on the porch. As well as a kiddy pool outside in the shade for a non spillable water source in case they got to tearing around and spilled their water bowl inside the sunporch.

Sheriff showed up. Informed me of the complaint. I walked him out back, he noted the kiddy pool. Dogs came out the doggy door to greet us. I then walked him onto the sunporch which had the ac set at 73°

I then said "Hey, while your here, how about you check out the neighbors horse." So we walked over to the fence bordering the hippies next door. I pointed out the neglected hoofs with possible rot, the limping gate of the horse, and then pointed out that it's teeth needed to be floated.

That cost them a bunch of money having to get a vet and farrier out there. They also had to start bussing in hay for it since the pasture didn't have enough quality grass.

They tried one other thing with us. That resulted in me having to stop my wife from going over there, ringing the door bell, and punching out whomever answered the door She did get a piece of them a couple days later with a serious butt chewing.

That resulted in them being shunned by the neighborhood. Nobody would talk to them, help them out with anything, or acknowledge them.

So you would be okay with a neighbor putting a chicken house, or worse, a hog house next to you? Right on the property line? The people doing this do not want panels close to their homes. Even though two have property closer to their homes better suited (flatter) than what will be used they are not leasing that land. They are leasing land away from their homes.

Once again. They can build the facility. We just want them to follow state law and have the panels 1000' from the property lines and not 300' from neighboring homes.

Your tree did not affect the neighbors in any way. Did not decrease their property value, did not prevent access to property farmed for generations, did not present a safety hazard to their children. This solar facility does all three.

RSKY

RSKY

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #215  
So you would be okay with a neighbor putting a chicken house, or worse, a hog house next to you? Right on the property line? The people doing this do not want panels close to their homes. Even though two have property closer to their homes better suited (flatter) than what will be used they are not leasing that land. They are leasing land away from their homes.

Once again. They can build the facility. We just want them to follow state law and have the panels 1000' from the property lines and not 300' from neighboring homes.

Your tree did not affect the neighbors in any way. Did not decrease their property value, did not prevent access to property farmed for generations, did not present a safety hazard to their children. This solar facility does all three.

RSKY

RSKY
So here in my neck of the woods, two solar projects just got canned by the county planning commission. The developer has now started the legal process of suing the planning commission.

On a similar front a data center developer courted the county on a new site. Submitted plans which were approved by the planning commission. Then filed to changed the plans adding overhead transmission lines. That might fail the country supervisors approval, if it makes it back through the planning commission. Of interest though is that the State has the final say on transmission lines, not the county. Guess where the developer will take their case.

So scream louder about what your neighbor can or cannot do on their property. Because sooner or later it will have impact on your land and your community.

And property values, we had a study done by some consulting firm, hired by the State Commission on something or other, about grid upgrade impacts. Said no negative impact on values if they upgraded the grid from telephone poles to 120 foot twin towers. LOL. What were they supposed to say?

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #216  

RSKY

RSKY
You jumped right to some conclusions that I never stated or hinted too

Get your anger in check, re-read what I quoted, and what my response was.

I happen to have currently across the road from me a heard of cattle.

Needless to say, the flies and horseflies are horrendous. But realistically I purchased knowing that it was there.

If that farmer sells, and they decide to put chicken houses or a hog farm there..... well there isn't squat I can do about it. I purchased next to a working farm.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #217  
So here in my neck of the woods, two solar projects just got canned by the county planning commission. The developer has now started the legal process of suing the planning commission.
So long as you have the proper zoning. Them taking the township (or whatever you term it here) will net them nothing but legal fees and they will have to pay your township legal fees as well. How it works. Let them sue, they will loose because the planning board has the final say. My wife is the head of ours btw.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #219  
   / Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #220  
Dirt farmers aren't as ignorant as one might think they are. Between gummit subsidies and crop insurance, it's pretty hard to go down the toilet today I've always found it somewhat arcane that they can actually insure a new planted crop for more than it's worth and collect on it if it don't germinate. All that new equipment didn't come from the tooth fairy either. When I read the thread bout 'New Tractor Sales are in the Tank, I chuckle. Maybe the homeowner compact tractor market is but ag tractors certainly are not. The over 100 pto power market is brisk and will stay that way so long as the government and insurers keep paying.

Dirt farmers aren't as ignorant as one might think they are. Between gummit subsidies and crop insurance, it's pretty hard to go down the toilet today I've always found it somewhat arcane that they can actually insure a new planted crop for more than it's worth and collect on it if it don't germinate. All that new equipment didn't come from the tooth fairy either. When I read the thread bout 'New Tractor Sales are in the Tank, I chuckle. Maybe the homeowner compact tractor market is but ag tractors certainly are not. The over 100 pto power market is brisk and will stay that way so long as the government and insurers keep paying.