Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #61  
How is that different from building a sports stadium or NASCAR Race track? If we use your logic, then we ought to be tearing down a bunch of stuff down in this country. Have you ever looked into the environmental impact of asphalt paved roads? I guess we should just go back to dirt roads again except that the dust control methods aren’t that friendly either.
Short of housing, I don't think anything is eating up land in this country like these solar installations.
And things are getting torn down that just doesn't work. (anymore) I'm thinking of retail (malls), heavy industries, schools, etc.
When the heavy (solar) subsidies go away or have been realized, and maintenance and upkeep costs increases as the already very marginal performance decreases....
That's all we'll be reading about (take the money and run) in ?? 5-10-15 years from now. Hopefully these towns allowing this folly will be holding some type of surety bond or there's an escrow account of some sort to handle the cleanup and restoration costs down the road.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #62  
Problem solved have them put in a nuclear plant instead of a solar farm I'm sure the neighbors would prefer this!
How many SQUARE MILES of solar panels does it take to equal maybe ONE 1,000 acre nuclear power plant?

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #63  
Problem solved have them put in a nuclear plant instead of a solar farm I'm sure the neighbors would prefer this!
I would. If I had the property, and could get past the red tape, I'd rather live on top of a nuclear power plant than anywhere near a solar farm. In fact, I'll take two.

At least the trade-off in energy costs would be worth it.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #64  
I suspect it's cheaper to wreck undeveloped land than it is to clean up former industrial or commercial sites for new use. A lot cheaper.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #65  
How many SQUARE MILES of solar panels does it take to equal maybe ONE 1,000 acre nuclear power plant?
A small nuke plant is about a gigawatt in size, that would take about 6,000 acres of solar, depending on density, or about 12 square miles.

How many square miles get contaminated in a nuclear disaster? For the Chernobyl disaster the exclusion zone is 1,600 square miles.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #66  
And how many square miles of solar panels does it take to equal one nuclear disaster? Oh, that’s right ,,,, zero!
I’m not against nuclear energy, but I do know that a major catastrophe in the nuclear power generation world is forever! Eventually all these solar installations will return to what they were before. Ever hear of Chernobyl?

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #67  
Let's be sure to compare outdated **** tier Soviet nuclear technology that melted down due to human error exacerbated by a poor design to a modern Western nuclear reactor.

You know, the automobile is a great idea, but in practice? Have you ever seen a Trabant? I'll keep my bicycle.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #68  
And how many square miles of solar panels does it take to equal one nuclear disaster? Oh, that’s right ,,,, zero!
I’m not against nuclear energy, but I do know that a major catastrophe in the nuclear power generation world is forever! Eventually all these solar installations will return to what they were before. Ever hear of Chernobyl?
And a volcanic eruption would end life as we know it, too. :rolleyes:

No guarantees in life, except death and [ever increasing] taxes.

And speaking of Chernobyl, truth about that is beginning to reveal it wasn’t nearly as bad as the environmentalist emotional teenager news media said it was.

It was bad, but not as bad as the media made it out to be.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #69  
A small nuke plant is about a gigawatt in size, that would take about 6,000 acres of solar, depending on density, or about 12 square miles.

How many square miles get contaminated in a nuclear disaster? For the Chernobyl disaster the exclusion zone is 1,600 square miles.
I didnt say a SMALL nuke plant.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #70  
And a volcanic eruption would end life as we know it, too. :rolleyes:

No guarantees in life, except death and [ever increasing] taxes.

And speaking of Chernobyl, truth about that is beginning to reveal it wasn’t nearly as bad as the environmentalist emotional teenager news media said it was.

It was bad, but not as bad as the media made it out to be.

A volcanic eruption is an act or God were as a nuclear meltdown is an act man,,, come on even you can admit the difference can’t you?

Show me the proof where Chernobyl is not as bad as the news media says. You are whining about thousands of acres that are temporarily altered with solar panels yet you think nothing about the MILLIONS of acres that were permanently changed by the Chernobyl disaster. You have really been drinking the ”Fox” flavored Kool-Aid lately haven’t you?