Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #21  
There aren’t many options to farming. We all have to eat.

As far as clear cutting goes, that is regulated beyond comprehension if it is even allowed and has been for close to 50 years. Land is re-forested. We are cutting timber that man planted decades ago.

Plenty of options to forced, chinese made solar panels though.

Get ready!

blue+skies+at+a+vertical+greenhouse+in+texas+-+vertical+farming+of+hydroponic+produce+at+eden+green+technology.jpg

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #22  
There aren’t many options to farming. We all have to eat.

As far as clear cutting goes, that is regulated beyond comprehension if it is even allowed and has been for close to 50 years. Land is re-forested. We are cutting timber that man planted decades ago.

Plenty of options to forced, chinese made solar panels though.

But during part of this time frame you could still get a permit for 96% thinning in Washington State. Can you see much difference between a clear cut and 96% thinning? Yea, whoohooo! they left of few trees. Lol

A local 163 Mega-watt solar project with 60 Mega-watts of battery storage is bypassing local county planning by using a state agency for permitting.
By using the Washington State "Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council" (EFSEC), any solar project in Washington State can bypass local zoning.
The EFSEC can override county zoning ordinaces if they decide it is good for the state.
In this case it is good for the state financially as it is on DNR land. Rent goes to the state$$$$.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #23  
Lot of crying about folks using their land for income. Offer to buy them out of the 20yr lease agreement +20% and they may be interested. Of course, they’d have to weigh the risk on the optional lease extensions in those contracts as possible income lost. There are some termination points in some of those leases if early enough.

Crying about China panels. Develop technology to build the equal or better product in the states at the same or better price point and the companies will buy them.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #24  
Lot of crying about folks using their land for income. Offer to buy them out of the 20yr lease agreement +20% and they may be interested. Of course, they’d have to weigh the risk on the optional lease extensions in those contracts as possible income lost. There are some termination points in some of those leases if early enough.

Crying about China panels. Develop technology to build the equal or better product in the states at the same or better price point and the companies will buy them.

Have you been reading anything about Chinese labor practices? Uighars? Chinese stealing US patents?

So we have to try to compete with criminal crap like that? Human rights violators? People making 1/10th what we make? Them stealing literally every breakthrough in technology we invent?

Really? :rolleyes:

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #25  
Get ready!

blue+skies+at+a+vertical+greenhouse+in+texas+-+vertical+farming+of+hydroponic+produce+at+eden+green+technology.jpg

Yeah get ready my a$$….I’m not too worried about that.
99.9% of the food we grow is still grown on US soil outdoors.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #26  
I don’t understand your point. We have sold timber twice and they have only cut certain species. You couldn’t give some species to the lumber people. And, as I understand, if clearcutting does take place they immediately plant wanted species. This outfit will clear cut everything off the land, burn it, then mix cement with the dirt to prevent erosion. This is all prime farmland. Not scrub land.
If it's all prime farmland why are there trees and scrub growing on it?

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #27  
They need this immensely large power generation to power the immensely dense 15 minute cities they're planning. For those who can't do it themselves.

In the past few months I've made it my mission to reduce my grid dependence to zero. I started with a power meter that clamps onto my main supply lines, so I could monitor what I'm using. That has proven extremely insightful to determine what my actual power usage is, and identify large power items.

I picked up 18 panels second hand, 240w for 60 a pop. I'm going to build a 4.2kw array and a grid tie inverter, and that should cover me for the bulk of my use.

Solar isn't bad. The implementation of solar is. How else can you be your own power plant?

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #28  
Was this for a 'solar farm'? If so imagine 1200+ acres.
Yes, in the second picture you can see the rows of solar panels

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #29  
To the environmentalist it damn sure is!

I agree with that aspect from the corporations who stand to profit, but go to an environmentalist demonstration sometime, or listen to Ms. Thunburg and you’ll see, it’s a religious crusade. These people are nuts and they are very determined.

The “people” look at it like they are saving the planet. The corporations that build the equipment are more than happy to participate and make tremendous profits.
Yep, they are convinced the only road to salvation is by doing what they decide is best.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #30  
Solar isn't bad. The implementation of solar is. How else can you be your own power plant?
If it was good, they would be recyclable. Why do you need to be your own power plant? Electricity merely provides access to amenities in life.