Solar Eclipse...

/ Solar Eclipse... #142  
I was not expecting so much coverage being off the main path. Home in Beloit was not spectacular, yet at work a bit south or Rockford, the coverage was almost 90%. Nearly everyone at the mfg plant all came out to the back parking lot. And HR was handing out moon-pies for the event. I think I have 2-dozen chocolate moon-pies back at my work bench now. :oops:

Watching the live NASA feed, I really enjoyed the Tupper Lake, NY with the large brilliant blue aura, the Cleveland blue edged aura, and moments later when the Cleveland one turned one beautifully with the true ring-of-fire.

The NASA team did a really good job for the coverage. We had 5 large screens with various live feeds.

Now, people told me during the NASA live feed, the area of IL going dark showed a few of the brighter planets all lined up. I missed this due to going outside watching locally. NASA will have the coverage on re-play later today. I would like to see how those planets looked.

/ Solar Eclipse... #143  
We could see Jupiter and Venus pretty clearly. Traffic is terrible which was expected but I thought it might dissipate by now. Where we’re staying is just a mile from the interstate and it’s stop and go at 5:00 pm. We don’t go home until tomorrow but my daughter is driving home tonight. It would normally be a hour and a half hopefully won’t take her more than two and a half hours.

/ Solar Eclipse... #144  
I was not expecting so much coverage being off the main path. Home in Beloit was not spectacular, yet at work a bit south or Rockford, the coverage was almost 90%. Nearly everyone at the mfg plant all came out to the back parking lot. And HR was handing out moon-pies for the event. I think I have 2-dozen chocolate moon-pies back at my work bench now. :oops:

Watching the live NASA feed, I really enjoyed the Tupper Lake, NY with the large brilliant blue aura, the Cleveland blue edged aura, and moments later when the Cleveland one turned one beautifully with the true ring-of-fire.

The NASA team did a really good job for the coverage. We had 5 large screens with various live feeds.

Now, people told me during the NASA live feed, the area of IL going dark showed a few of the brighter planets all lined up. I missed this due to going outside watching locally. NASA will have the coverage on re-play later today. I would like to see how those planets looked.
I only saw one planet, but that was with my naked eyes. At the last minute I remembered my binoculars in the back seat, but couldn't get the case open before the sun appeared again.
It was kind of fun, I was working and checking so saw when the moon first started moving over the sun and checked periodically to see how it was progressing.
Once it started reappearing I jumped in the truck and headed home.

/ Solar Eclipse... #146  
We could see Jupiter and Venus pretty clearly. Traffic is terrible which was expected but I thought it might dissipate by now. Where we’re staying is just a mile from the interstate and it’s stop and go at 5:00 pm. We don’t go home until tomorrow but my daughter is driving home tonight. It would normally be a hour and a half hopefully won’t take her more than two and a half hours.
I had a veritable traffic jam coming home... 3 cars in front of me and 5 more in back. That may be some sort of a record!

/ Solar Eclipse... #147  
What the eclipse looks like going over Portage Lakes Ohio...

GKqRA8uXkAA66Js
That guy has a good arm!!!

/ Solar Eclipse... #148  
McDonald's locally closed for 30 minutes so the staff could go out.

We had about a 30% blockage but it was still cool. It really freaked me out when I looked up and wondered what was going on and then it dawned on me.

/ Solar Eclipse... #149  
Best I got in norcal. Took this pic with some "solar specs" taped to a card taped over the end of my DSLR lens; turned the exposure way down and the shutter speed way up, hand-held 350mm.
Spot almost in the middle of the sun is a sunspot.
2.jpg